Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

Very strange issue with P3D V3

Guest JustanotherPilot

I recently had a similar problem when flying the PMDG 737-600, I was getting about 8fps with UK2000,FTX England and Norway and everything  slowed down...airport vehicles, GSX. I fixed the problem by changing  the texture resolution in the P3D from 4096 to 2048 - no more slow motion. I can use the AS A320 in 4096 and get a locked 40fps. The PMDG is a real heavy frame killer at high settings.

I think I'm going to officially talk to support because this seems like a pretty atypical problem, but here's a demostration of my installtion between FSXSE and P3Dv3:

p3d-pmdgtime.png

​Same setup, same addons, same airport.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I was wondering if the handful of you guys that had this problem finally fixed this? I've had a ticket open since January but no conclusions from the support team yet? Is installing Win 10 really the only way to solve this?

I'm on 3.2.3 now and still getting clock lags. I timed another default plane's timer and their clock worked perfectly... only the 777 is lagging/drifting.

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I was wondering if the handful of you guys that had this problem finally fixed this? I've had a ticket open since January but no conclusions from the support team yet? Is installing Win 10 really the only way to solve this?

I'm on 3.2.3 now and still getting clock lags. I timed another default plane's timer and their clock worked perfectly... only the 777 is lagging/drifting.

This is primarily due to your system being overloaded. If the system slows down, the time in the sim slows down with it.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle. Is it possible that there is another/different underlying cause? I've timed it with a fresh installation of P3D and 777. The clocks still drift but the sim was running smooth as silk.

Hi Kyle. Is it possible that there is another/different underlying cause? I've timed it with a fresh installation of P3D and 777. The clocks still drift but the sim was running smooth as silk.

Nope. Save your settings and then drop your settings to the mins and watch the clock. Report back.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, I was able to get the clock to work, but only by setting the plane to sit at SCIP, with absolutely every slider to the left and no weather. Not much of a fix, in the sense that now there's not much use of the sim  :P  but at least now I can see what is happening.

I can't be the only one with an occasionally overloaded sim though. Does no one else get this when the frames rate fall into the teens? Or am I the only one that noticed this?

Anyway, I also just got this from my support ticket this very evening...

"It'll be fixed in the next 777 update - we found a fix while developing the 747. I don't have an ETA on when that might come though - it'll definitely be after the 747's release as that's the main focus right now."

Maybe I'll look into getting a GTX 1070 to get the 777 to work while I wait for the 747 and the fix... :Tounge: