Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

I think I found a bug

As the topic suggests I think I might have found a bug. I'm using the latest version of the NGX in P3Dv2.5 and my OS is Win10 Pro x64 if of importance.

What I've found is that sometimes when you bring up the LEGS page in the FMC and press the RTE DATA LSK to enter wind data when you're already enroute and then type the wind in the scratchpad to upselect it to one of the waypoints the FMC will freeze on you and so will the PFD and the NAV display. The sim will continue to run but the aircraft will stay doing whatever it was doing when the freeze happened so let's say you were in a left bank when it happened. Then the aircraft will stay in this left bank forever.

I'm not 100% certain what exactly causes this since I don't see it everytime but I think the culprit might be if you enter the wind data in the scratchpad and then before upselecting it to a waypoint you first press the NEXT PAGE button such as when the waypoint you want to upselect the wind info to isn't on the current page.

As far as I can tell this seems to be a pure NGX issue rather than an issue with the sim since everything keep running when this happens with the exception for the things in the NGX mentioned above.

Anyone else seen this?

Richard Åsberg

Anyone else seen this?

The same issue occurs in FSX. The way around it is to enter the complete route including the STAR/Runway Approach for the destination airport into the FMC.

I believe this is already in the bug tracker.

Ok, cool and great to hear you're already aware of this issue.

The same issue occurs in FSX. The way around it is to enter the complete route including the STAR/Runway Approach for the destination airport into the FMC.

Good to know, thanks!

Richard Åsberg