Sign in to follow this  
quincysw

MCE Newbie Question

I have downloaded and installed MCE as per instructions but when loading FS9 I get a message ' Flight Simulator was unable to load File:FsInsider.dll (checked that this file is in modules folder).

When trying to connect MCE I load FS9 then MCE and get a message ' Trying to connect to Flight Simulator' followed by ' Could not retrieve FS data! Try restarting FS9 and MCE' .

Any help would be much appreciated

regards

Brian

Brian Lavelle

I have downloaded and installed MCE as per instructions but when loading FS9 I get a message ' Flight Simulator was unable to load File:FsInsider.dll (checked that this file is in modules folder).

When trying to connect MCE I load FS9 then MCE and get a message ' Trying to connect to Flight Simulator' followed by ' Could not retrieve FS data! Try restarting FS9 and MCE' .

Any help would be much appreciated

regards

Brian

Hi Bryan.

Suggest the following...

Go back to downloaded unzipped file and look jnside <fsInsider for FS9> folder.

Copy fsInsider.dll and paste it to \FS9\Modules\ folder and try running the sim again.

Also, tell your anti-virus, anti-malware, not to interfere with "fs9.exe" process.

Without fsInsider.dll loading in FS9 process, MCE (which runs externally for better FS stability and resources management) will not proceed further.

Thanks for the information and MCE is now connecting nut when selecting a tab on the control panel MCE crashes

Brian Lavelle

Thanks for the information and MCE is now connecting nut when selecting a tab on the control panel MCE crashes

I assume you have installed MCE V2.5.56 available from this link

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Suggest you restore MCE to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

That will prompt you to go through the app wizard. Is that's going smoothly, you can assume your audio and speech engine are in good shape.

Not aware of any crash happening as a result of clicking a tab, but since that action also plays some audio, any issue with audio drivers and such could eventually be the root cause.

Is it a specific tab or any tab?

I have installed the later version and I have installed the FS:SE and i see there is no module folder

2 hours ago, Tamzid said:

I have installed the later version and I have installed the FS:SE and i see there is no module folder

Did the installer add "fsInsider.dll to \Flight Simulator 9\odules\ folder?

If not, it's probably because FS9 registry patch doesn't match your current FS9 installation path.

Without that dll running inside the simulator process, MCE cannot connect.

If you have to manually add it, use the dll that's found inside the downloaded file under \Resources\Files\fsInsider for FS9\ folder.

Copy and paste it to \Flight SImulator 9\Modules\ folder.

Do you mean FSX:Steam edition?

For that sim, fsInsider.dll goes into \Flight Simulator X\ folder.

For the dll to load, "dll.xml" (in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder)should have these references to it

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Multi Crew Experience</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsInsider.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

You don't have to enterthses manually. Wizard should take care of that.

Restore MCE to factory settings: Windows Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings.

After that, the wizard should kick in and make sure everything you would need to run MCE is right there.