Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Problems Signing Into AVSIM?

The new and upgraded AVSIM changed your username if it was not the same as your Display Name.  When you logon, use your Display Name.

Members who have problems signing into AVSIM will be locked out after three (3) failed attempts.  We usually reset the locked accounts within 24 hours but, members having issues signing in should contact us (click on the 'Contact Us' Tab above) and tell us you are having problems signing in.  We fully understand some members will forget their password and, when using the 'forgot password' option, they will have problems getting the password as the e-mail address they used to sign up is no longer in use.  We can fix these issues via the Support Inquiry forum.

For Everyone:  If you do use our 'forgot password' system, an e-mail will be sent immediately to your registered e-mail address.  When you receive the e-mail, it is very important you start the logon process again by entering your username and then copying and pasting the password we sent you into the password box. Do not attempt to simply copy and paste the new password into a session where you already attempted to logon.  It will fail. 

Do not attempt to set up another account if you have problems signing into your old account.  Per the AVSIM Terms of Service, multiple accounts are not allowed and we will remove any duplicate accounts found.  If you do have another account here at AVSIM, you can use the 'Contact Us' form and we can remove the account or merge it with your other account(s).  Thank you for your cooperation!

Edited by Jim Young
Reviewed for accuracy. Added first paragraph.
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Forwarding on behalf of a user:

Hi Mr Pieke,

Could I ask you a big favour? I locked myself out of my Avsim account and: 

1) I tried many times but never got an email from the retrieve forgotten password option (Yes, I checked my spam)

2) Wrote to the staff of the forum on the generic form but never got an answer back…  That was like, one week ago…

If you could tell the powers that be that their « I forgot my password » system is not working, I would really appreciate it and you would do them a big favour too! 

I’m sorry to bother you with this, but you are the only contact I have outside of the Avsim ecosystem!

Thanks so much,

Louis
Avsim user LOUISM

Bert

Sent individual a new password last Friday and last night.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Guys,

I too had problems retrieving my password with the auto system. Jim stepped in and personally resolved it for me. Thanks Jim.

As a point to ponder, Gmail had consigned Jim's reply email to me in a spam folder, by default. It was sheer luck that I found it there. I wonder if something in the email or URL triggers that classification.

Anyhow, if your address is Gmail based, perhaps take a peek in your spam box to see if it is not lost in there.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Thanks Stephen for the explanation.  I know for a fact many of our e-mails going to gmail accounts, especially validation e-mails and e-mails requesting new passwords, are thrown into their respective spam/junk mail folder.  Not much we can do about that other than remind everyone to check their junk mail folder if they are expecting an e-mail from us.  I clean my gmail spam folder out every day.  If you see an e-mail coming from AVSIM and it was found in your junk mail folder, make sure you indicate in gmail that the e-mail was not spam. 

I suspect we need to send something to Google to let them know we are a legit website.

Thanks again Stephen!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

Just realized that I still can not get into the library. I have tried the auto password program, but there too without success.

Sorry to be so "high maintenance" !!!

Kind regards,

SpiritFlyer

Stephen

Just realized that I still can not get into the library. I have tried the auto password program, but there too without success.

Help is on the way.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi guys,

I'm having issues with password recognition since last week's system update. Using Chrome on Win10. Each time I try to login, the server doesn't recognise my PW. This means that I have to go the forgot password routine each time I want to visit Avsim. Am I the only one who is experiencing this issue or are there other cases?

Thanks,

Stijn

Your display name is your logon.  If you have further questions, please use our contact forum under the Contact Us. 

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

Hello,

my login+password is correct to loggin me on avsim.com but not for download file and acces??

can you help me ?

daniel

You are now signed into AVSIM.  Click on AVSIM CTD Guide in my link.  New Members are allowed to download.

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi guys,
Recently I have had the problem that I can no longer log into my AVSIM Library account. 
If I want to request my password again, avsim tells me that there is no account under the email. 
I then tried to re-register under the same email, but then suddenly avsim says that there is an account under the email. 
I've already tried to reach the support via email but haven't received a response for 2 weeks. 
I would like to upload my liveries again and would be happy if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance