Sign in to follow this  
Sky Prince

PMDG future possibilities?

Good afternoon,

I was wondering, really, if PMDG will eventually transition into creating an accurate (or as much as possible) simulated version of the B787-8. I am a loyal PMDG enthusiast/customer, and while I've been stuck flying the B747-400x proudly, I still feel my sense of wanting to match the demands of the real world aviation market. The B747-400 is steadily losing its place, and I did consider purchasing the B747-8i, but wasn't satisfied with the fact that it retained the same visuals of B747-400x cockpit. I do pay attention to minor differences/detail; leading me to ask, will PMDG upgrade the VC in their PMDG 747-8i at some point?

Does PMDG have any plans to create these new aircraft that are now dominating the aviation market?

I hope I've posted in the right forum and under the appropriate section.

Cheers! Xxx

The B747-400 is steadily losing its place, and I did consider purchasing the B747-8i, but wasn't satisfied with the fact that it retained the same visuals of B747-400x cockpit. I do pay attention to minor differences/detail; leading me to ask, will PMDG upgrade the VC in their PMDG 747-8i at some point?

Does PMDG have any plans to create these new aircraft that are now dominating the aviation market?

I hope I've posted in the right forum and under the appropriate section.

Hey Nigel,

You've definitely posted in the correct place.

The 747-400v2 is currently being developed. This is not an update to the previous version, and is actually a ground-up rebuild to take advantage of the things we learned with the 737 and 777. This will include some of the freighter/ranged (747-400/F/ER/M/BCF) versions as well. The 747-8i/F are also under development.

See RSR's post here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/

Additionally, for X-Plane, we're developing a DC-6 that is intended to eventually find its way into FSX/P3D. There are also a couple secret projects in the mix as well  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Nigel,

You've definitely posted in the correct place.

The 747-400v2 is currently being developed. This is not an update to the previous version, and is actually a ground-up rebuild to take advantage of the things we learned with the 737 and 777. This will include some of the freighter/ranged (747-400/F/ER/M/BCF) versions as well. The 747-8i/F are also under development.

See RSR's post here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/

Additionally, for X-Plane, we're developing a DC-6 that is intended to eventually find its way into FSX/P3D. There are also a couple secret projects in the mix as well  :P

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I'll wait for the PMDG 747-8i release. That is what I'm interested in right now.

I mean, I was thinking of purchasing currently the dominant B777 also, since in the real world they are becoming the preferred choice for international flights. But, for me, the bigger the bird, the better, which is why I'm so glued to the B747.

I don't think there is anyone out there more qualified than PMDG to produce the kind of flying material that meets the standards, so, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get the 'biggest' surprise from PMDG very sooner than later.

What about plans for the B787-8? Will PMDG consider making these kind of products? What about the B777x? I'm asking some very tall questions here, because, I expect nothing less from the number one group responsible for the highest standards of flight simulator productions. It would be a complete disrespect if I thought anything less of PMDG.

Please, for the love of all things holy, can we please have the option of a 2D main forward panel in the 744v2?

Pretty please.

Hello,

I am new and hopefully posting this in the correct forum as well. I intended to purchase the 747-400 today an noticed the 747 is currently not available. Is this due to the new release? It was good to find info letting us know the new 747 is not an upgrade so I'll hold off until the new 747 is released (hopefully soon). I am also hoping the paint kit is better than the 777 which has a short coming with regards to the alpha channel for the windows.

Thanks,

Will

Hello,

I am new and hopefully posting this in the correct forum as well. I intended to purchase the 747-400 today an noticed the 747 is currently not available. Is this due to the new release? It was good to find info letting us know the new 747 is not an upgrade so I'll hold off until the new 747 is released (hopefully soon). I am also hoping the paint kit is better than the 777 which has a short coming with regards to the alpha channel for the windows.

Thanks,

Will

See this thread. The older 747 and MD11 are no longer being sold. http://www.avsim.com/topic/479613-09dec15-end-of-an-era-end-of-life-information-747-400x-and-md-11x/

Richie Walsh

Could be considerated an MD80/82 or a 767 at PMDG state of the art? Or the answer is absolutely no?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Secret aircrafts Kyle says. It may be anything so all we can do is pray that our wishes come true.

Pmdg does a better job at hiding things than most other intelligence agencies... Interesting.