Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Russian Airplanes

I'm wondering if someone knows of any good-modeled civil or military Russian Aircrafts? (Besides Bear Studios, which is marvelous).

These could be freeware of payware... Would appreciate it if anyone knows of any.

+1 on the Sibwings An-2 but have not had much experience of larger Russian types on FSX (although there certainly was some quite good freeware for FS9).

Bill

If we're considering former Soviet bloc countries such as Czechoslovakia (where the above mentioned Aero L-39 Albatros is from), there's also a very good freeware Zlin Z-142 available.

The Yak-50 from A1R is quite good and fun to fly, as is the Sukhoi Su-26 from Alabeo.

Can't really comment on anything else.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned this: The Project Tupolev TU-154. From what I have been told, it is a pretty deeply modeled aircraft. And in my opinion, quite the challenge to learn, if you don't know cyrillic. 

Capture1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Daniel Miller

I only have one, Tim Conrad's payware quality Antonov 32. Fantastic for flying in Africa, Nepal or, my favourite, Afghanistan. It is a lovely model, but I did have to replace the sound folder with another one, and I chose the screaming turbines of another freeware offering, the HS 748.

Is this free or pay? Where do I get this?

Goodness - this is a good one-  But  very  painful to start its engines. I wonder if there's an option to access it with all engines started and ready for take off?

Is this free or pay? Where do I get this?

Goodness - this is a good one-  But  very  painful to start its engines. I wonder if there's an option to access it with all engines started and ready for take off?

Which are you talking about?

Daniel Miller

Which are you talking about?

The Project Tupolev TU-154 is a nice aircraft, but to me its a painful process to start its engines. So, I wonder if there's a way to start FSX with the engines ready to go on the TU-154

The Project Tupolev TU-154 is a nice aircraft, but to me its a painful process to start its engines. So, I wonder if there's a way to start FSX with the engines ready to go on the TU-154

I am no expert on the aircraft, but I do not recall there being any shortcuts for this one. If you want to fly it, you will have to learn the process. And just wait until you get to navigating in the 154. The Soviets did it differently, thats for sure!

Daniel Miller

Freeware IL-76? You may have better luck than me in getting the panels to work. The external model looks superb and the interior is modelled when you open the main cargo door & the two crew doors.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/21166/fsx-ilyushin-il-76td/

I used a replacement soundset which does a great job of reproducing the howling Soloviev D30s

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)