Sign in to follow this  
markmco

Phenom 300 P3D v3 Pitch and Yaw Problem

I had Phenom 1.3 installed in FSX.  Flew fine at first, then developed a problem during taxi and TO roll, landing.  With more speed, the problem became worse.  Mostly a strong pitch to the right, then the yaw.  Like the left or right wings were developing random lift at anything over about 20 knots.  The problem mostly went away when airborne.

I thought FSX was just getting too old and I have too many add-ons.  Time to try P3D v3 Pro, which is excellent so far.

My favorite bizjet seemed to be ok, but then started developing the same pitch/yaw problems on taxi.  At first, it feels like you just ran over a small animal in the taxiway.  Then, it becomes more pronounced.  Very slow speeds are fine.  TO roll immediately starts to make wild yaw and pitch that can't be corrected.

I'm purposely keeping my P3D install clean as a whistle, but did want the Phenom and my Duke Turbine.  The Phenom 300 is the only aircraft that behaves this way.  The trusty Duke and stock planes fly fine so far, but I do miss the Phenom.

Anyone else experience this?  Thanks.

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

Hi Mark,

You don't mention whether you're using a joystick, keyboard or something else to fly the plane but your problem seems similar to what I was experiencing on my new computer that Santa gave me early.

P3Dv3, Win10-64, CH Eclipse yoke. I did not install the CH software or yoke drivers. Went into device manager and uninstalled the yoke. Rebooted to desktop. Plugged in the yoke to USB and let Win10 find it and install drivers. Problem solved.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

to the OP: I have a similar problem if not the same.  On TO, it does not matter what I do with my yoke, the plane just gets into excessive pitch and soon after that go into stall recovery, totally bizarre as is it is unflyable.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Mark,

You don't mention whether you're using a joystick, keyboard or something else to fly the plane but your problem seems similar to what I was experiencing on my new computer that Santa gave me early.

P3Dv3, Win10-64, CH Eclipse yoke. I did not install the CH software or yoke drivers. Went into device manager and uninstalled the yoke. Rebooted to desktop. Plugged in the yoke to USB and let Win10 find it and install drivers. Problem solved.

Hope you're enjoying the new computer!

Since many others don't seem to experience this, it certainly made me wonder. My config is:

Win 7, 64-bit, UAC off. System dedicated to FS

Saitek yoke/quad, autopilot and switch panels. Saitek trim wheel- not connected

Volairsim cockpit and Sony 48" via HDMI

FSX (box) and years of add-ons.

P3D Pro v3 clean install. Add-ons are Penom 300, Duke Turbine FSUIPC (registered) and SPAD

As mentioned, the Phenom seemed fine for a few test flights. The Duke, and other stock aircraft fly fine, so I didn't think it was Saitek. However, this makes sense considering the issues with the trim wheel.

I'll hopefully get in the cockpit today and try your suggestion. I'm thinking of swapping out the yoke and pedals for GoFlight, but the little panels are so convenient and worked for years in FSX.

Thanks and happy flying!

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Hope you're enjoying the new computer!

Since many others don't seem to experience this, it certainly made me wonder. My config is:

Win 7, 64-bit, UAC off. System dedicated to FS

Saitek yoke/quad, autopilot and switch panels. Saitek trim wheel- not connected

Volairsim cockpit and Sony 48" via HDMI

FSX (box) and years of add-ons.

P3D Pro v3 clean install. Add-ons are Penom 300, Duke Turbine FSUIPC (registered) and SPAD

As mentioned, the Phenom seemed fine for a few test flights. The Duke, and other stock aircraft fly fine, so I didn't think it was Saitek. However, this makes sense considering the issues with the trim wheel.

I'll hopefully get in the cockpit today and try your suggestion. I'm thinking of swapping out the yoke and pedals for GoFlight, but the little panels are so convenient and worked for years in FSX.

Thanks and happy flying!

Good luck.  I don't think that it's hardware as none of your other aircraft has the issue.  In my setup, using P3Dv2.5 the Phenom would pitch up uncontrollably despite my best effort to keep the pitch at 10 degree.  Yet another Carenado dud for me.  Since none others reported this issue, it may be something in my sim, but I am too fed up to dig, not when none of my other planes have problem.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

In spite of my best efforts, the Phenom 300 just likes to 'dance'.  As taxi speeds increase on long straight-ways, you can feel it 'leaning' (is the best way I can describe it) as though it has a flat tire.  ...a little more pronounced lean on the final rollout turn to the runway.  As the airspeed comes alive on TO, there is no use fighting the bird.  It just starts pitching and yawing as if performing a bad folk dance.

I tried about every combination of removing and using the Saitek drivers and SPAD.  I found a thread that suggested getting rid of SPAD, and adding addon code to the EXE.XML.  Again, I tried removing drivers and SPAD, but the behavior continues.  I was even willing to forego the Saitek panels, but it doesn't matter.

At every step, I went back to the P3D A36 Bonanza and the Duke Turbine.  They both handle fine and interact with my panels.  Although I don't use SPAD there, the same behavior occurs in FSX and P3D v3.

I really want to fly this plane, but only have so much expertise.  At this point, I'd gladly settle for buying a new aircraft, but nothing (that I'm aware of) comes close.

Best Regards,

Mark

Did another clean reinstall. I really miss this bird. Same issue. Tried it on FSX: same problem. It's actually the reason I bought P3D, thinking it was FSX.

The problem is present when a turn on slow taxi induces enough roll (in the direction of turn) to emulate a flat tire. Yes, the aircraft rolls on ground. By the time airspeed is present, left or right wing is already trying to 'fly' and it's veering off the runway. The windsock confirms ATIS; calm wind.

In the air, it seems to handle fine. As I set up the approach, full yaw is need and I'm pushed all over by the time ground effect hits. On landing, it feels like a strong push from back instead of front.

I now have one Phenom that does this and one from another developer. All other aircraft are fine.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Mark