Sign in to follow this  
dave2013

Will ORBX release open LC North America South before Christmas?

Hi.  Just curious what others think about the chances that ORBX will release the second, and I daresay most anticipated, part of openLC North America which includes the USA, Mexico, and Caribbean, before Christmas.

I set the chances at 0% based on the total lack of information forthcoming about this from ORBX.  By now they should be about to enter beta testing and showing screenshots, but not a peep. This will get pushed into the first half of 2016.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Hi.  Just curious what others think about the chances that ORBX will release the second, and I daresay most anticipated, part of openLC North America which includes the USA, Mexico, and Caribbean, before Christmas.

I set the chances at 0% based on the total lack of information forthcoming about this from ORBX.  By now they should be about to enter beta testing and showing screenshots, but not a peep. This will get pushed into the first half of 2016.

Dave

No way - too bad - but not going to happen

Rich Sennett

I asked John about 3 weeks ago and he said it was STILL planned for 2015.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi.  To the moderator:

This post was not a request for support for ORBX products, so I don't think it should have been moved to the ORBX support subforum. The post was intended to get the general opinion of the flightsim community on whether a particular ORBX product will be released before Christmas.

Please move this post back to the general FSX forum.

Thank you.

Dave

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Yep, another week gone by without even a peep or screenshot. 

I guess it's possible, albeit remotely, that they could still release before the end of the year, but if they don't show any screenshots this coming week then I will lose all hope of getting it this year.

You'd think ORBX would bend their "no more release date estimates" policy just a little and at least provide a definite answer as to whether this will be released before the end of the year or not. They surely know the answer to this by now, so why not keep their customers informed?.

Dave

You'd think ORBX would bend their "no more release date estimates" policy just a little and at least provide a definite answer as to whether this will be released before the end of the year or not. They surely know the answer to this by now, so why not keep their customers informed?.

Dave

You have answered your own question - you will not see this release this year unfortunately 

Rich Sennett

Yep, another week gone by without even a peep or screenshot. 

I guess it's possible, albeit remotely, that they could still release before the end of the year, but if they don't show any screenshots this coming week then I will lose all hope of getting it this year.

Dave

Dave, just stop.  ORBX keeps their customers more than informed, much more so than other devs.

If it is not ready by the end of the year, what is 2 or 4 more weeks extra to refine it?

Dave, just stop.  ORBX keeps their customers more than informed, much more so than other devs.

If it is not ready by the end of the year, what is 2 or 4 more weeks extra to refine it?

Because I would like to have it before the end of the year, and have been looking forward to having it before Christmas, actually.  J. Venema has stated over and over again that this would *definitely* be released "before the holidays" and "before the end of the year". 

If it won't be ready, then the developer should go ahead and say so.

Ok, Greg, I'll stop now since my asking seems to somehow bother you.

Dave

Dave,

In the words of Stripes' Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis."

They've had P3D v3 dumped on them. They're scrambling with people taking seasonal holidays, and rushing to get product ready for said holidays. They have every interest in getting new merchandise out there.

This is prime time for them, and while I can be be disappointed that they're not running their business like some idealized vision I might have of one, it's kinda hard to complain.

We're experiencing the ultimate First World Problem, here. Going by his track record, I can't imagine JV was speaking in bad faith when he said end-of-year. So, in that light, I'd hardly consider it an act of treachery if the damn thing is a few weeks late.

Best,

Marshall

Dave,

In the words of Stripes' Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up, Francis."

They've had P3D v3 dumped on them. They're scrambling with people taking seasonal holidays, and rushing to get product ready for said holidays. They have every interest in getting new merchandise out there.

This is prime time for them, and while I can be be disappointed that they're not running their business like some idealized vision I might have of one, it's kinda hard to complain.

We're experiencing the ultimate First World Problem, here. Going by his track record, I can't imagine JV was speaking in bad faith when he said end-of-year. So, in that light, I'd hardly consider it an act of treachery if the damn thing is a few weeks late.

Best,

Marshall

I never said that I had a problem with having to wait a few more weeks for openLC North America South. I also never said that J.V. was speaking in bad faith or that releasing the product a few weeks late is an act of "treachery".

You guys shold stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm simply saying that surely the developer knows by now whether this will be released before the end of the year or not, and they should inform their customers on this issue ASAP.  That's all. Yes, I'm tired of being kept in the dark about it at this late date.

Aside from that I think ORBX is a fantastic developer, and the creation of that company and all their subsequent products are one of the best things that ever happened to flight simulation.

They don't know, they have no idea what issues are going to turn up in beta testing or how long it'll take to fix whatever gets flagged. It might need a 5 minute adjustment and a new beta build or it might be something that sends them back to the drawing board for 3 weeks. Not knowing what they're up against is precisely the reason they don't give release dates.