Sign in to follow this  
Harley7354

Anyone using Navigraph Charts/Cloud?

Hmm, charts aren't up-to-date? 

That's a massive minus for me. I was considering it just recently, though the price is high. I was thinking of suggesting they do regional packages since I only fly in Europe anyway, but there isn't much point if the charts arent always current.

Charts are updated on a 28 day cycle, so they are up-to-date. A few years ago they were updated quarterly.

Stephen O'Connell

No. It's a subscription to access during the subscription period.

With the monthly navigraph data it's a great package. Just renewed mine.

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Just signed up for the navdata+charts monthly package last week, great value at less than the price of a couple of pints per month.

I find the charts better in the stand alone app rather than the cloud web browser, seems like some of the charts are combined in the web app and so are a little harder to read.

I find the charts better in the stand alone app rather than the cloud web browser,

I much prefer the Navigraph Charts too, for one thing the only time I need to download something is after a cycle change; otherwise, it stays on the workstation.  Yes, the desktop application needs to log into the Navigraph server to operation so it's not truly a stand alone application but it works for me.  I also have two workstations, one for things like charts, planning, browsing and the other only for P3D and add-ons.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello guys, i want to know what will happen when the subscription end. Do i still have an access to old charts or i do not have access at all. Thanks.

You will have no access. You are paying to rent access, not to buy the charts. Further, you've tagged on to a two-year-old topic and the entire subscription mechanism has changed. Go to the Navigraph site for an explanation.

David Jones

Love their service.   I use the Ultimate sub.   No complaints.

Agreed +1 

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Hi Joe,

I´m a Navigraph subscriber as well, using their cloud and fms data. It is brilliant, tooks couple of mins to update your fms data etc. Less time for searching charts around the web... Small cost for a great service.

I do have one comment though, I have some issues when accessing the cloud from my desktop, the chart loading times are bit slow, which might be my internetconnection/old desktop problem, rather than their service. However, that is why I use the desktop client, thats faster for me. I have also used Ipad application, which is brilliant, but cannot use it anymore as im using my ipad for the FMC:)

anyway, cant go wrong with Navigraph charts!

Cheers

Can I ask which CDU/FMC package you have on your ipad?

what i can't understand is how you "match" your fms airac to the cloud charts ..... monthly airacs vs quarterly charts seems "quirky" to me !!

eg the SYMON STAR @ KLAX was valid for a month.

Not really an issue - remember most of these are RNAV SIDS/STARS, just follow that ATC tells you.   If you fly offline, you can basically do what you want anyway, so you pick and fly what you want to.   I use the service, and whether I fly online or offline, their service has what I need at my fingertips.

Regards

Hi,

I myself as EU citizen am using Eurocontrol's EAD website to search for newest data (AIC, AIP, Charts, AMDT, SUP), basically all you need. Every chart opens in new window or downloads seperately, but just get it ready before flight and you are set to go.

Hi,

I myself as EU citizen am using Eurocontrol's EAD website to search for newest data (AIC, AIP, Charts, AMDT, SUP), basically all you need. Every chart opens in new window or downloads seperately, but just get it ready before flight and you are set to go.

Don't have to be a EU citizen. I've signed up to Eurocontrol site for years, used much less now that I'm attached to Navigraph Charts, which is a lot more convenient to use.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, recently I was thinking about going Navigraph route, but what deters me is the price, it is just too much for me. Will get it for sure some day.

The vast majority, if not all, of the official charts are available for free and up to date on the official websites.

FAA charts: https://nfdc.faa.gov/xwiki/bin/view/NFDC/Airport+Data

Europe: https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html (requires subscription)

Australia: https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp?pg=10

Just google the country name and AIP, will usually get you there.

So why pay for Navigraph charts? What benefit are you getting?