Sign in to follow this  
Rmmm

Flight Debrief - Free Ground School - Real World Training

I am planning a free ground school for young aviators using two flight sim rigs.   Already have FSX on a Dreamflyer with 3x23" monitors.  Planning in a few weeks for P3D on a 4k 55"LED TV with Iris Dynamics Force Feedback Yoke - MFG Rudders and a new i7 Skylake/980Ti box.  Yoke and rudders already installed on an older desktop.

For the training in sim, I need a solid flight path monitor.  Maybe you have seen Cloud Ahoy?   To use this product on a simulator requires both a ForeFlight and a Cloud Ahoy Subscription and a 3G telephone connection on an iPad.   That is a lot of overhead.

My search for a solid flight debriefing add on has shown a few products...Rex Latitude /  TacView  are two examples.   But these products look to be overkill for the basic needs that I have.

REQUEST:

All I require is a complete flight path record of both altitude and heading on a map.   Terrain is not required.  3D is good but also not required.   Where the students go off heading in practicing stalls, or lose altitude in a ground reference maneuver....that is what needs to be clearly shown.   Simple feedback that shows progress in basic flight skills.

Please give me any suggestions on capable products that run on either FSX and/or P3D v3.

thanks

RMM

Tacview is a very versatile tool, not at all limited to combat sims. The freeware version is just as functional as the paid version for the type of analysis you are discussing.

Here is a video of a system I created for self evaluation:

Hello Henry..

Great work.   But seems complicated.  Here is a snapshot of how Rex Latitude presents a flight.   Notice the suitability for typical Practice Area and Pattern work for PPL flight lessons.   But the Rex Latitude has a much greater purpose as a virtual operator / economy  system.  Those features are not needed for my purpose.   

The developer from Rex Simulations said..."there are dozens of add-ons" that do flight debrief.  But I cannot seem to find them.

RMM

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/catalog/REX-Latitude-p-19672.html

gallery5lg-01.jpg

FS Flight Keeper is something I've used for years even though I'm not a member of a VA. Comprehensive analysis of your flight.

http://www.flightkeeper.net/default.asp

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello Ray..

Sent you a followup PM.   Hoping for some screenshots from FS Flight Keeper that show flight path on a map for heading review, altitude during the flight, speed especially during approach.  Typical post flight debrief for student pilot training by simulator.

Thanks

RMM

RMM,

FSFK flight log provided as requested in PM.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather