Sign in to follow this  
supa325

FS9 IFLY737 Auto throttle problems

Hello-

I purchased this product about a month ago, and everything seems to work ok throughout my flights, but autothrottle.  I completely set up the FMC, and this problem did not exist before I installed FS2crew.  I can physically switch on the auto throttle switch, but TOGA produces nothing in the engines, nor does VNAV/LNAV, and the same with the standard IAS set speed.  

I have a paid version of FSUIPC and the rest of my aircraft does not have this problem (the ifly 747 included).   And, if it's not clear, the 737 auto throttle worked prior to installing FS2crew.

I've searched the internet and can't find any issues relating to mine and I didn't see a troubleshoot in your manuals.  Also, I bought the button and voice combo.

Please help, I like the product and wish it was available for the rest of my addons.

FS2Crew doesn't touch any internal system logic.  We couldn't even if we tried.

I'd try re-installing the iFly.  Re-installs often clear weird gremlins.  And I don't recall ever hearing about this issue before, so try that first.

Best,

Alright, I had that idea in the back of my mind but I was hoping I was missing an option or unchecked a setting somewhere.  I'll let you know what happens. Thanks

Are you pressing the TOGA button on the throttle or using a key assignment?

Try physically pressing the button.  You may have a Hardware conflict.  

Have you asked the Flight1 Developers?

As mentioned, FS2Crew doesn't touch internal system logic.

I use the 'physical' button on the throttle in the VC.  I've since reported my problem to iFly, and they've suggested the same thing, uninstall the A/C and FS2crew, and reinstall the 737 without your software, just to see if that's it and you may be happy to hear that the problem still exists.  I'm wondering if an update from Microsoft has had some unintentional effect on the 737.  After the update from this summer that prevented FS9 from loading altogether, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Windows put out kb3086255 this summer which blocked FS9 from starting.  I didn't even think that could be a problem, so I bought a new PC, reinstalled everything extremely carefully, then a day or two later FS9 wouldn't start.  I nearly lost my s***.  Somehow I came across this problem that the windows update was the culprit.  So, I wouldn't be too surprised that another update is doing something stupid and making me look like an idiot again.