Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

B747v2

I'm seriously considering purchase of the IFLY version now that the fps has been sorted. I would sooner wait for the PMDG version but I have read no information at all, as to when It's liable to surface?

It was said to be in beta months ago and yet, no progress has happened.

Are you guys waiting for Christmas or something?

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

They don't really give release dates until it's ready to ship. I highly doubt it will be this year though.

They have heard every cleverly worded question about release dates there is at this point so you just will not get the info you seek.

We would be lucky if this is a 2015 release, but it is best to wait longer and have a nice finished product with very little bugs. In the mean time, fly the 777-200LR/300ER to hold you over until the 747v2 is released. After all the 777 is flying majority of the former 747 routes today.

Are you  sure the PMDG one is in beta? I think it is still in alpha stage. If there was an anouncement I might have missed it. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Really? I don't recall the announcement about that, which is incredibly odd, since beta announcements are very blunt, specific, and met with much commentary.

You've been around enough releases to know that, and to know that we don't unnecessarily time releases to arbitrary events...

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

I'm seriously considering purchase of the IFLY version now that the fps has been sorted. I would sooner wait for the PMDG version but I have read no information at all, as to when It's liable to surface?

Are you guys waiting for Christmas or something?

The last official remark about beta that I recall, was back in July when RSR said that it was "closer to beta testing." 

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

I believe the DC6 for Xplane is the beta test focus at present, albeit without quite as much of the fanfare, mostly due to the slightly different composition of that team vs say, the 777. (as indicated by Robert)

My guess would be that the 744v2 would enter a beta stage towards the end of the DC6 test cycle once they have a bit more manpower to devote to that project. I would like to think that we will be seeing some good beta progress on the 747 by the end of Q1 2016.

To the OP, if you really want to fly now, get the other 747. I am awaiting the FSLabs A320 and recently bought the Aerosoft A320 simply to begin learning a bit more about the 'bus architecture. Not the same system fidelity as PMDG or presumably FSLabs, but that's not what they are aiming at, and it serves its purpose until that other product releases.

Point is, if you want a PMDG quality simulation, you wait until it is released.

I may be completely wrong on those timelines, it is just my own best guess.)

mcbellette, on 24 Nov 2015 - 7:21 PM, said:

What stage is the 747 v2.0 up to? Is it in alpha or beta or pre-release?

I don't think it is in Beta yet, given Kyle's comment above:

Really? I don't recall the announcement about that, which is incredibly odd, since beta announcements are very blunt, specific, and met with much commentary.

You've been around enough releases to know that, and to know that we don't unnecessarily time releases to arbitrary events...

Just to clarify a few things here:

• No, the 747v2 is not in beta. Those who were around for the 777 release know that there was quite a lot of posting, previews, and beta team discussions that led up to release. Those who were around for the 777 release (or even the subsequent FSX:SE/P3D updates) know that announcements are stickeyed in the General Forum.

• The DC-6 development team, and the 747 development team are primarily separate teams, so there really isn't a linear scheduling issue - it's parallel. Similarly, the DC-6 beta team is comprised of primarily different people than what I imagine the 747 will be.

• We don't give release dates, and the plane releases when it releases.
  • Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

It´s true! There is a long term of silence about the PMDG 747 V2. The last update about the progress was a couple of month ago, which is really long, even for PMDG i think. I really hope that they don´t have some big problems with the development of the 747 V2. 

Well I for one would just like an update, PMDG love saying we cannot wait to show you.........but that can be months down the line, is it 4 months now since the last update?

Will not make it get in our hands any quicker but its always nice to know how its going. Just hope we get an update "soon" < :Tounge: (The the people that don't know PMDG, Soon is between 1 month and 1.5 years)  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

As a reminder:

Pricing policy is not to be discussed. See Point 8, here. Expressing elation or disappointment about a price point is one thing, but picking at others for that expression is not. The price will be the price that is chosen when that point is crossed.

Kyle Rodgers

I guess I can't say that I think your prices for PD3v3 are  high  because you deleted  my post and you will, of course, delete this one.  

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I guess I can't say that I think your prices for PD3v3 are  high  because you deleted  my post and you will, of course, delete this one.  

I think we can express approval/disapproval but we cannot discuss it. For example I could say "I think the P3D prices are fine", but I couldn't say "I disagree with Paul: the P3D prices are fine". Please correct me if I'm wring Kyle.