Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

B747v2

I guess I can't say that I think your prices for PD3v3 are  high  because you deleted  my post and you will, of course, delete this one.  

As I mentioned in my last post:

"Expressing elation or disappointment about a price point is one thing, but picking at others for that expression is not."

Your original post was the source of a drawn out argument which you actively participated in, though, so I decided that it should go. Apart from the minor, vaguely masked underhanded statement about moderating practices, there's nothing wrong with your last post.

You are welcome to that opinion, and we appreciate the feedback.

Kyle Rodgers

If you want to be at the safe side, just dont discuss pricess at all

Agree, also no point in asking for updates as it won't get you anywhere if they're not ready to show and tell.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Gents-

As with every product release cycle, we tend to go through periods of fast and slow communication.  There is no method or message behind what we do or do not say.

In some cases we are quiet simply because we are busy being head-down on stuff that you cannot see...  (system mechanics, etc) and other times we simply choose not to show what we are up to because we don't want any cheap knockoffs of our ideas to be germinated from this space with enough time for someone else to use the idea.

And other times, I just run out of energy after coding for 10-12hrs and decide to go play Battlefield for a bit before studying for recurrent and getting some sleep.

And sometimes I just need another double espresso.

As Kyle pointed out, the DC-6 and the 747s are on totally different tracks with different teams and different testing processes. 

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Everyone wants updates on upcoming products. I too want to know how the 747v2 is coming. But as with all companies, they will release any updates when they get to a point of giving you something to see/talk about. We could talk about NLS and their A380, but haven't had any updates on that program for months only to find out the developer had a family issue (mother's death). We don't know what is going on in their lives that may slow or speed up development of any project. But like you guys I am a proud supporter of PMDG products, having owned every one available for FSX and FS9. And I really hate software updates because of a project being rushed to satisfy potential customers. It gets really annoying having to uninstall a program several times for all the updates and service packs that keep coming out for minor issues and new features. I am perfectly content with the occasional update (if any) from the dev team on any progress or lack there of, they seem fit to hand deliver to us.

[...]

And other times, I just run out of energy after coding for 10-12hrs and decide to go play Battlefield for a bit before studying for recurrent and getting some sleep.

[...]

No way LOL! What's your username then?  :P

So, here we are months later..........................................

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

Point being?

Kyle Rodgers

Pffff..... build a digital, fully runctional and high fidelity rendition of a 747 yourself and see how long it takes you. I couldn't do what PMDG does as long as I have a hole in my saxophone, so just them get on with it. You have some great and knowledgeable people here on this forum, like Kyle, here to answer decent questions about existing sims, the development process etc. Enjoy that instead of floggin' a dead horse.

Pffff..... build a digital, fully runctional and high fidelity rendition of a 747 yourself and see how long it takes you. I couldn't do what PMDG does as long as I have a hole in my saxophone, so just them get on with it. You have some great and knowledgeable people here on this forum, like Kyle, here to answer decent questions about existing sims, the development process etc. Enjoy that instead of floggin' a dead horse.

++++1

If there is anything that is learned in this hobby and life in general is that patience is an absolute must. It is best to wait for a near perfect product than a product with flaws (Remember the time acceleration glitch when the -300ER was released?). When the products (FS add on products in general) are released, it makes the wait all worth while. In the mean time, fly the 777 until the 747 gets released. 

if you seriously considering purchasing the Ifly 747 go right a head, them come back later and purchase. the pmdg is that simple.

you don't have to tell any one.

• Upvote 2

Fernando A. Maldonado

Point being?

Hi Kyle,

The beta testing started a long time ago.  Have you any idea when the P3D version will surface, as I think this one is going to X Plane first?

Dave Taylor gb.png

The beta testing started a long time ago. 

Why don't you quote/provide a link to the exact post from PMDG saying that...