Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

B747v2

Hi Kyle,

The beta testing started a long time ago.  Have you any idea when the P3D version will surface, as I think this one is going to X Plane first?

Since when did beta testing start? I don't recall hearing news of this.

Hi Kyle,

The beta testing started a long time ago.  Have you any idea when the P3D version will surface, as I think this one is going to X Plane first?

Beta hasn't started. A very obvious announcement would accompany that milestone.

The FSX and P3D versions will be the first out for this product.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

The FSX and P3D versions will be the first out for this product.

So this means that the 747 will come out for X-Plane eventually or is it still to be decided?

Some people are always anxious getting there hands on the bird and they would even say something they make up them self or heard from soneone who doesn't know anything either.

Dave trust me when i tell you as soon as it hits beta it will be posted on this forum and you can get your copy once it's ready and in the meanwhile enjoy PMDG's other fine products

Point being?

Point being, sir, that PMDG has no 747 offering at this time.  Since you took the old version off the market (for all the very good technical reasons you stated at the time), we are left holding an empty bag in terms of a PMDG 747 to fly.  (I'm not going to reinstall FS9 to fly the one I do have.)

It is difficult to not have anything at all than it is to have something old while we wait for the new.  There is competition and they do have a product.  You do not. I mean no disrespect, but I think you would agree  that with no 747 to buy, we are not entirely unreasonable in asking the simple questions, "will you make a new one?" and "when?"  You've said you are making a product and then treat us with some impertinence when we press for any details. 

We are not trying to be difficult, we are simply anxious to have something to actually purchase.  You announced it - nobody you forced you to.  A lighter touch on your part would be in order under the circumstances.  I submit that "We're making something new but quit asking about it" will not rein in the pantheon of customer relations. 

-MIke Lawrence

• Upvote 2

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.

Point being, sir, that PMDG has no 747 offering at this time.  Since you took the old version off the market (for all the very good technical reasons you stated at the time), we are left holding an empty bag in terms of a PMDG 747 to fly.  (I'm not going to reinstall FS9 to fly the one I do have.)

It is difficult to not have anything at all than it is to have something old while we wait for the new.  There is competition and they do have a product.  You do not. I mean no disrespect, but I think you would agree  that with no 747 to buy, we are not entirely unreasonable in asking the simple questions, "will you make a new one?" and "when?"  You've said you are making a product and then treat us with some impertinence when we press for any details. 

We are not trying to be difficult, we are simply anxious to have something to actually purchase.  You announced it - nobody you forced you to.  A lighter touch on your part would be in order under the circumstances.  I submit that "We're making something new but quit asking about it" will not rein in the pantheon of customer relations. 

-MIke Lawrence

Uhm... okay?!  :blink:

I won't go into a discussion regarding this attitude - but I have to disagree with it ... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

but I think you would agree that with no 747 to buy, we are not entirely unreasonable in asking the simple questions, "will you make a new one?" and "when?"

Been  answered   so many times  already,  beating  a  old  horse  to death  with  this type  of  questions

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

After providing explanation and retort to this kind of thing several times, I now give up. But it must be so frustrating to be Kyle et al. having to constantly justify themselves in this way.

By the way, the 'competition' to which you refer is not competition to a PMDG aircraft. I bought it and found it so below par for the price, that I insisted on a refund. You're working with standard setters here and it takes lots and lots of time to set that standard, as with all things in life. Why can't people understand this? Maybe it's me who's mad?!

• Upvote 1

The competition aircraft has some problems I could not live with so required a refund. I stick to my original speculation on the release date as next fall so no use getting all a twitter now.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'm not understanding the accusation of impertinence here. A post was made indicating that we were now months in the future. It had no other content other than generic commentary that months had passed. From there, I asked what the point of the message was. As you can all see by the following posts, the commenter was ill informed on multiple points. These points would never have been discussed and corrected if I hadn't asked the question of the reason behind the comment.

We welcome feedback, and we welcome discussion. That's why a lot of the team is here so often. That discussion needs to be polite, however, so if I see something that seems a little out of sorts, I'm going to address it.

Except that's not what happened, and I think that should be quite clear if you'd taken the time to read that post, and my follow up posts. I didn't tell anyone to stop asking about it. Not once was that said, implied, or anything of that sort. The first post seemed a little out of order, so I addressed it. When that person returned to respond to my question, he clarified his questions, and I answered them.

It's very simple: politely ask questions and those questions may get answered by someone on the team. If something seems impolite, then it will be addressed.

We know this takes a long time. Believe me. It's not all fun and games in here. None of us are sitting back joyriding 747s all over the globe. In fact, I've been so busy that I can't even joy ride the 777 and 737 that much. I've taken the DC-6 out for some flight work, but most of that is me putting it in the air, pointing it in a direction, and letting it go while I either work on projects, and/or answer support tickets.

I get that it's tough to wait for things. There are a number of very large things in my life that are right on the cusp of falling into place that I don't want to wait for, too, but I have to. My commentary here isn't aimed at denigrating that. I saw a comment that looked a little unfair and I addressed it. Once a more coherent question was raised, I answered it directly. We all want you to have this plane. I'm glad people have the interest that they do in this project, and I wouldn't ever take shots at someone for expressing excitement.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

I get that it's tough to wait for things. There are a number of very large things in my life that are right on the cusp of falling into place that I don't want to wait for, too, but I have to.

Hey best of luck with whatever it may be Kyle. I know the feeling. Went through that recently both in my career and personal life. Waiting is never easy. Hoping the results are worth it for you!

Question about the V2 if I may. Being an enthusiastic simmer with a RW position on the other end of the Mic I've been afforded a few opportunities to sit in the flight deck of various aircraft (PMDG nailed the atmosphere of the T7 by the way - from what I could tell after about 10 mins in the real thing...). I was wondering if you could share with us if we'll be able to see (tips of) the wings and nose of the aircraft from inside the flight deck. I understand it may not be possible due to limitations or even if you can't see them from the real thing therefore unrealistic. Just curious. Obviously the aircraft isn't complete yet so such decisions may not even have been made but anything you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks and my advice for the waiting process is to just keep busy :)

I was wondering if you could share with us if we'll be able to see (tips of) the wings and nose of the aircraft from inside the flight deck. I understand it may not be possible due to limitations or even if you can't see them from the real thing therefore unrealistic. Just curious.

Not sure - haven't looked. I'm not sure if it's possible to see the wings from the flight deck at all. I know with some planes, if you were to plaster your face against the glass (and possibly break your nose to do it), you might catch a glimpse out of the corner of your eye, but I'm not sure what the case is here.

Kyle Rodgers

I was wondering if you could share with us if we'll be able to see (tips of) the wings and nose of the aircraft from inside the flight deck. I understand it may not be possible due to limitations or even if you can't see them from the real thing therefore unrealistic. Just curious. Obviously the aircraft isn't complete yet so such decisions may not even have been made but anything you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks and my advice for the waiting process is to just keep busy :)

There's a youtube video of a Thai 747-400 landing from cockpit view in which the crew member from the jump seat is filming the whole thing.. he actually bends over and takes a shot of the wings - you can see the wing tips, winglets and one engine clearly from the aft windows..  

I'm hoping too that PMDG will model this as they did on the NGX.. I don't have the 777 so don't know if it made it to that.. also would be nice if wingviews had cabin sounds as they do in NGX.. 

Cheers,

Vinod Kumar.

Sorry, it's a KLM 744 landing in BKK, not Thai 744.

On a lighter note, waiting for PMDG release dates is a lot like waiting for the second coming of Christ..  :wink:

"Behold, I shall come very soon"..  it's been 2000 years since He said that.. 

RSR said they were very close to entering beta testing many many months ago.. 

well for the Lord, 1000 years is like a day and a day is like a 1000 years.. 

pls don't ban me for this joke !   :Nail Biting:

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

If you guys need any help testing her, I'm more then happy to help.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST