Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Moving Past Saitek Yoke/Quadrant/Pedals

I'm looking for input on a step up from the Saitek pro-flight range.  I have their yoke, 2 quadrants, and rudder pedals.  I have had them for years (6+ years, I think about 9).  They work, but after getting the Thrustmaster Warthog and appreciating how much smoother the movement is as well as how clean the digital signal is, I am looking to maybe find something similar for GA/commercial yoke type setup.  The issues I'm particularly trying to get past are: 1) signal spikes on the throttle axes, 2) inconsistent readouts at same control position (one time it's 10%, then 9%, then 11%, etc of max value), 3) difficulty syncing throttles, and 4) deadzone in the yoke (although I see there are a couple mods to possibly address this).

From my reading the CH products seem on part with the Saitek and likely not really an upgrade.  GoFlight seems to probably be the go to, but I was hoping for something in the Warthog price rage, not double the price.  I also see some nice 737 throttles from ThrottleTek.  Any input or thoughts?  Any of the stuff use hall sensors instead of pots?  Thanks for any input.

Eric Szczesniak

Have a look at the PFC yokes or at YOKO. Don't own one myself (yet) but I read lots of good stuff about them. Not so much great feedback on the ProFlight yoke. But don't expect to find anything in the mid-price range. There is none. A quality yoke will be a heavy investment.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

but I was hoping for something in the Warthog price rage, not double the price.

Sorry, this pretty much negates every single high quality yoke out there.

If you get lucky, have a minor amount of skill in soldering and wiring, and you have a bit of willingness to experiment, it is possible to find older PFC yokes for a decent price and rebuild them using modern technology.  But even then, I've went that route with a PFC Cirrus II Console, and although it's awesome, completely rebuilt to my liking, and works a treat, I bet I'm still into it for a fair bit more than you can buy a Warthog for.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thanks for the input.  I was hoping I was missing something.  Maybe I'll have try tweaking the Saitek hardware.  I'm not there yet, but will be ending training and finding a real house over the next 18-24 months where I plan to start on a legitimate 737NG home cockpit...not much sense in investing thousands on hardware until I know what I can and can't use there.

Eric Szczesniak