Sign in to follow this  
Nascar_Perry

PMDG 737 Prepar3d

Ok, I had a fun time configuring everything to work considering I am on Windows 10 lol.

Anyway, got everything installed, setup and ready to go. Loaded up a default plane and then sweitched over to the PMDG, As the screen loads up, I see the VC all blacked out, then hear a click and P3D disappears. No crash warnings or logs in my event viewer. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong?

Randomly I can get the side pilot's window handles to show with their texture on them. Though the rest is still black, then "click" (Sounds like a panel switch clicking) then the program disappears.

Never had this kind of issue in FSX

Where to start..

Are you using the P3D version of your PMDG aircraft, that was purchased separately from your FSX version, or have you used a migration tool or manually tried to install the FSX version into P3D?

Are you running P3D v2 or v3?

Have you installed all of the Simconnect redistributable files as per the installation instructions?

Are you running P3D as administrator, and installed it in a directory away from Program Files (x86), EG C:\P3D

Also, if you put your full name in your post they can offer you more help. It is a requirement.

I am using the P3D version of PMDG, P3D v3, all simconnect installed (encountered that error once and went oops) P3D is being run as an Admin, though I do have it in Program Files (x86)

Robert Perry

I am using the P3D version of PMDG, P3D v3, all simconnect installed (encountered that error once and went oops) P3D is being run as an Admin, though I do have it in Program Files (x86)

Robert Perry

Robert, when you fire up P3D, do you start on the runway, or at the scenario screen?

Also, any other addons running, like active sky, etc, and any modules, such as FSUIPC?

Never had this kind of issue in FSX

West77 probably answered your question in line 1 of post #4. Don't load any P3D default plane. Load only the NGX using Free Scenario.

pcubine, on 24 Nov 2015 - 6:45 PM, said:

West77 probably answered your question in line 1 of post #4. Don't load any P3D default plane. Load only the NGX using Free Scenario.

Michael, technically the default military jet thing does load on the scenario screen, but yeah, you don't want P3D loading up on the runway and THEN change.

To Robert, also, don't try to be clever and set a PMDG plane as the default airplane, instead of that military thing, as this can come with its own bag of issues! :wink:

To find this setting, go to Options > General > Show Scenario Screen at Startup (Ticked)

The military thing is an F22. Thought I better put that in before someone blows a diff. :P

I gotcha all on that. I am going to try to do that. Originally, I would start t the free scenario screen, load the default 737-800 (ported from FSX) then switch. 

I am going to try what you both suggested. Only other add ons or modules are FlyTampa Toronto CYYZ and FSUIPC

Robert Perry 

No change. Everything loaded. This time black screen (outside view loaded first) I could see all the text like Parking Brake, etc. But nothing else, then click, then full close. No errors again.

load the default 737-800 (ported from FSX) then switch.

I don't believe you can use the FSX NGX in P3D. Maybe that is your problem.

I don't believe you can use the FSX NGX in P3D. Maybe that is your problem.

Note the use of the word "default" in his post. He's talking about the MS one.

Kyle Rodgers

scandinavian13, on 24 Nov 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Note the use of the word "default" in his post. He's talking about the MS one.

I did note "default" but even more I noted "ported" which implied to me the OP was using an NGX intended for FSX or FSE-SE and attempting to somehow get it to work in P3D. What is the "MS one" you refer to?

I did note "default" but even more I noted "ported" which implied to me the OP was using an NGX intended for FSX or FSE-SE and attempting to somehow get it to work in P3D. What is the "MS one" you refer to?

Middle of second row:

fsx-aircraft-selection-menu.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

Middle of second row:

I should have noted that. Kyle is correct on the aircraft. By default I meant the default 737-800 native to FSX vanilla

Thanks. I understand now.