Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

Aerobask's Upcoming Aircraft

So... while procrastinating this evening (with things that I should be doing but don't feel like, therefore I'm doing nothing at all), I checked out Aerobask's Facebook page.  I should mention that although I haven't had a Facebook account in a few years, there seems to be a ever increasing trend among developers to post all their latest and greatest tidbits there...

Anyhoo... I am most definitely a fan of the Aerobask fleet.  Great aircraft, and all of them with a certain 'flair'. No boring 172's for sure!!  The last couple of images in their feed are of something new...  and nothing that I've ever seen before.  Which got my curiosity going, which led to an hour of sleuthing and pouring over searches through google images until I figured it out.

Which I'm 99% 100% sure I have.  :smile:

Anyone want to take a peek at their Facebook previews and take a guess before I just up and spill the beans?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Looks like Viper Jet Mk II, am I right?  :dance:

Weeeelllllllllll.... almost... but...  :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I just realized their Viper Jet is already released. So when I actually figured out what I should be looking at, it looks like some glass cockpit, prop sea plane, but can't find an adequate one to that cockpit design. Super petrel is kind of similar but I don't think that's it. 

Now I am intrigued.

Aerobask has some very cool products in the making at the moment... the one shown on Facebook ... but even more a thing to come next year. Still a secret, though. :)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

it looks like some glass cockpit, prop sea plane

:smile:

Yep.  I figured it out by looking at the details of that CSC-1/P gauge that they are describing on Facebook.  It's regularly associated with Jabiru engines, which are used in a couple of amphibian LSA's.  However, this one doesn't have a Jabiru isntalled at all, but a Rotax 912.

But yeah.  Narrowing it down a bit, but not giving it away yet. :wink:

what was the default plane of MS Flight ? Does look abit like it

It's not a Icon A5. :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm thinking a SeaMax M22 - that's my best guess hehe

It's got the little round openings on the canopy

http://airportjournals.com/wp-content/uploads/0805009_14.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm thinking a SeaMax M22 - that's my best guess hehe

It's got the little round openings on the canopy

http://airportjournals.com/wp-content/uploads/0805009_14.jpg

That's what I thought at first too, based on those round openings.  But the cockpit view just wasn't the same.  The Aerobask shot, besides showing some advanced instrumentation, also shows some sort of strange shape to the glare shield.

Awww I can't keep it to myself any longer. :smile:

It would appear to be the AKOYA. http://www.lisa-airplanes.com/

Very neat little plane, rides on hydrofoils when taking off on the water.  The hydrofoils down low in front, with the wing above and behind the cockpit kind of reminds me of the Rutan Quickie.  Except of course, that absolutely everything else is wildly different. :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Cool looks fun!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You should all look at the new Aerobask Facebook page title picture... :)

Glass glass glass!  Fun.  Just hope it's readable.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hmmm... I think perhaps an Epic Elite?  The panel layout seems to closely resemble an Epic LT, but only a power / throttle lever leads me to speculate.  But that said, the layout doesn't resemble the images I can find of the Elite at all...

The Dynon Skyview Touch screens are neat, however it's one of those cases where the real world functionality is pretty mindblowing (digitally represented, transparent six-pack over top of a 3D terrain view is one example) which will make it difficult to do an accurate representation.  I'm very eager though to see the functionality of the map / flightplan portion though - hopefully some of that tech could get retrofitted into the E1000 or the DA-42!

Anyhow, excited to see both this and the AKOYA!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Just hope it's readable.

Well, (in contrast to my mediocre programming skills which I applied at the avionics in vFlyteAir's Cirrus SR20), Aerobask apparently don't use PlaneMaker to draw the map, so they have all the freedom to make it readable. Plus, you can show it as popup windows, similar to the Carenado G1000. At least on the screenshot it looks very readable both in 3D and in popup to me.

Regarding the aircraft type, just check the Wikipedia article on Epic Aircraft. There are not so many options ;)

Regarding the aircraft type, just check the Wikipedia article on Epic Aircraft. There are not so many options ;)

Ahh... yep, that would of saved me guessing.  At least I was sorta close. The Victory it is then.  :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.