Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

KPDX For FSX

Is there any decent freeware or payware for KPDX. I wished Flight-Zone would come back and produce a version.

Thanks

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Sorry I don't do X-Plane

• Upvote 2

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

You can install Flight Zone if you own the 2004 version. There is an up date to make it work in FSX. It is called  FlightZone_2 Patch_for_FSX.

• Upvote 1

You don't  need  F.S. 2004 if using the  FLightzone_ 2 patch. It provides a dummy directory. I purchased and did what the file says  and had no problems. I had to remove quite a few files though. 

It seems to integrate well, but I have had a few anomalies, which might be caused by mesh. My work hours  force me to fly  at night  and I am using  active sky next  I am  really  happy with the setup. In the past using ORBX Portland my machine came to a crashing halt not so with this scenery. I will try it and post some pictures  this weekend or earlier if I can.

It seems to integrate well, but I have had a few anomalies, which might be caused by mesh. My work hours  force me to fly  at night  and I am using  active sky next  I am  really  happy with the setup. In the past using ORBX Portland my machine came to a crashing halt not so with this scenery. I will try it and post some pictures  this weekend or earlier if I can.

Sounds interesting!

Looking forward to Your screenshots!

Thank You very much in advance for all the effort!

I was able to use mine with photoreal scenery and it looked pretty darn good.  A few minor niggles but definitely good enough to use.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I've tried everything that I could find for the area and the airport.

IMHO, your very best bet would you Flight Sim Zone Portant (KPDX) with the FSX conversion (freely available on the Internet).

It's FANTASTIC with the FSX conversation files.  I believe it's for sale on SimMarket, but Google will tell you for sure.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Can't get the wrapper to work on windows 10.

I've tried :

Disabled the AV software on the box (Windows Defender).

Disabled the local firewall.

Launch with the "Run as Administrator" option

Start with WinXP, Win7, Win8 compatibility modes.

Disabled UAC via Control Panel