Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

KPDX For FSX

I have put some photos up if you want any  pictures of a particular  area let me know and I will put it up. 

https://goo.gl/photos/bsU9oKt2iv4bfimn9

Looking very good!

Thank you very much for sharing these great shots!

Now i am indeed tempted as well to install PDX. Maybe over the holidays ahead when i have some time for testing and trying it all out.

Yes I

Flight 1 needs to update the wrapper for windows 10.

I had a similar issue with the wrapper for flight 1 Afx... They redid the installer and it now works with Windows 10

14ppkc-6.png

Where can I find the said FSX patch for the FlightZone KPDX? Any link?

Thank you!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

I tried the patch a year ago and while it worked somewhat, there was still too much broken like the custom ground polys being flat and not curved for FSX. Plus some transparency issues with some textures that I was able to manually fix. Overall I ended up uninstalling it. It was a great prodcut for FS9 but trying to patch it just didn't do it justice for me.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The only problem I have with FlightZone kpdx is that now the north runway has been expanded and 3/21 has been shortened.  I used it back in fs9.

John K

I am sorry to tell you this but you do need the FS 2004 program for the patch only tells you which files to remove and nothing more, so if you do not have the original program you can't remove the files. So telling you that you do not need the original program is not correct.

Now, I could be wrong (and I don't have FSX installed anymore), but I believe you can point the installer to your FSX folder and it will still install - because I believe there is an FS9.exe included with the FSX install.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Here is what the instructions said: snip...you can create a DUMMY FS9 directory on your Hard Drive. The FLIGHTZONE 02: PORTLAND installer MUST see the FS9.exe file on your Hard Drive before it will install the necessary files. I have made this step easy for you by providing a DUMMY directory inside the FlightZone02 Patch for FSX file. If needed, simply place the FS9 folder into your Program Files folder on your Hard Drive before starting the FLIGHTZONE 02: PORTLAND installer. Then be sure to point the FLIGHTZONE 02: PORTLAND installer to the correct FS9 folder path. After the FlightZone02_SC and the FlightZone02_LC folders are added to your FS9/Addon Scenery folder, you can simply drag the FlightZone02_SC file to your FSX/Addon Scenery folder. We will NOT be using the FlightZone02_LC folder. DO NOT PLACE FlightZone02_LC INSIDE YOUR FSX ADDON SCENERY...snip

Here is what the developer say's about installing the patch as I told you under bobr2:

Instructions for FlightZone 02 Portland for FSX Patch

by Larry Robbins

email: admin@myflightsimblog.com

Please follow the instructions carefully to properly install the patch and to have FZ02 Portland to function properly in FSX. You MUST have an original copy of FlightZone 02 Portland to install on your computer. I have created a FSX Patch that contains new airport configurations, exclusions, and replacement FSX trees that will improve the look and feel of FZ02 Portland in FSX. Visit www.myflightsimblog.com for more detailed instructions.

Sorry part of it did not show up the Disclaimer:

DISCLAIMER: First of all, let me be clear with you up front. I am in no way providing you with any part of the original FLIGHTZONE 02: PORTLAND scenery or Orbx addon scenery. YOU MUST ALREADY OWN AND HAVE INSTALLED THE SCENERY PACKAGE ON YOUR SYSTEM. I will, however, show you how to convert you own personal copy of FLIGHTZONE 02: PORTLAND for FS9 into a usable format that will work and look great in FSX.