Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Where are you taking your 406?

I've been doing some admittedly unrealistic routes from KAUS to various places in North Texas (KACT, KADS, KTKI) and some flights between MHRO and MZBZ. Average length is about 130 miles.

Easy with a 1300+ mile range ... from LGAV.  But as I understand it Greece (Hellenic Coast Guard) operates three F406 for maritime patrol activities so Corfu is a very likely spot for a F406.

Cheers, Rob.

Just landed at KHQM after a long aimless flight around the Olympic mountains. Been flying all over the Western US, Colorado and California get hit pretty hard, staying clear of SoCal though for the moment in anticipation of SCA. I've got most of Jarrad's airports going in v3 so plenty of flights between those. Just reached 50 hrs on the Hobbs in P3D v3, I believe I have another 5 or 6 hours in FSX as well. Love this plane! I use a ton of oxygen though because she hauls a$$ at 20,000+!

• Upvote 2

Jim regarding Carenado, would this be your spin of choice over the Titan and the Navajo.  I have most GA planes in P3D and spend a lot of time in A2A,  but i do love shape,  Livery's and textures that come with this plane.   I'm hoping for a little sale maybe :smile:    

Well it is right now, that may change when the Aztec releases though because I'm kinda fickle that way :smile:

I like turboprops and fast airplanes so personally I like the F406 better than the Navajo. I seek out tailwinds when I plan flights because life's too short for headwinds in the sim and the F406 can get up there where you might see 330 kts groundspeed with 100 kts on the tail. The Navajo is very nice though, no complaints. The F406 has a much more advanced autopilot and also just because someone stumbled across that .pdf pilots operating handbook (see the thread here in this forum) I've gotten into the startup procedures and stuff more so than I usually do which has made it a lot of fun. The F406 will climb at 2500'/min through 18,000' or so where 1200'/min is a brisk climb for the Navajo. You get the IAS climb mode which seems to work pretty well since v1.1 (with Bert's help). I like the IAS mode, you can fall asleep in the climb without getting woke up by the stall warning! Pitot heat is still broken in v1.1 but Bert has a mod that fixes that too so if you get it send him a PM. I liked the Titan too but the Navajo and the F406 definitely seem more polished. Maybe that has a lot to do with the fact the Titan is more utilitarian and didn't include any flashy repaints, it's more the '78 Chrysler Newport of the three.

I'm waiting for the sale too, I've avoided the bizjets so far but I think I'll pick up the Hawker, Phenom, and probably the TBM if they're priced pretty low.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Jim for your detailed post. Its good to hear the 406 has more depth to it. Fantastic looking plane, i will deffo pick it up.

Ron done a very nice DHL Livery for it.

23037228850_6cc25208d4_o.png

Nice repaint from Ron  I will have to pick that up.

I have been flying this bird all over north america I love having the charts available in the gtn 750.

I have been having a real good time flying it on the Aleutian peninsula from kodiak to king salmon'

out to cold bay then dutch harbor and beyond all the way to ATTU  island and back. the peninsula

is pretty well represented with global and vector 1.35 ....also there are many weather stations on the peninsula so it makes real weather   fun