Sign in to follow this  
Avwriter

Drzewiecki Design New York City X V.2 50% off at SimMarket

http://secure.simmarket.com/drzewiecki-design-new-york-city-x-v2-fsx-p3d.phtml

This recently released product is half off at SimMarket (16 Euros/ $17 USD).  I was rather shocked that they had discounted it by so much being brand new, None of the other outlets seem to be offering such a steep discount, so I grabbed it, and am very pleasantly surprised at how well it performs on my oldish system.  I gathered from reviews that the previous version was brutal on FPS and VAS.  This one seems to be much better on both running on FSX-SE.

The New York Airports X set is also half off.  I know these are somewhat older.  Does anyone know if it is worth fooling with?  They are obviously not Flightbeam or the like.  I am kind of leaning toward just sticking to the default airports here since the NYC X is already going to be quite demanding, but figured I would ask about impressions.  Are they enough of an improvement over the default to make it worth the while?

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Thanks for the heads up.  That's a super deal and I'm downloading it right now.  Little over 3GB's in size and it will take a few minutes longer than usual.

They had a demo version so a chance for everyone to check out the fps/vas before buying. 

I do not see where anyone could go wrong with getting the Drzewiecki New York Airports X for less than $10 too. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, I will be getting them too.

They do this every year at Black Friday, where the discount is 50%. I myself will be getting Miami, *maybe* NYC (heard it's taxing on systems, not sure if it improved with this version) and thinking about the airports and Warsaw City...

Was expecting it on the 26th but happy it's on already! :)

Now if only somebody would knock some sense into flytampa... :P

Thanks for the heads up! I was just looking at the fsdt JFK which is also on sale at simmarket. But, I'm honestly not crazy about fsdt airports. Has anyone tried this New York City X with their JFK? I'm worried about smoothness more than OOM in p3d. Excellent price on these products but hoping the price point isn't a reflection of bad quality!

Trying to download these demos from their website and they time out before completion.  Anyone else experiencing the same?

Orman

I have been using NY-X demo for a few days and the fps are acceptable for my low end machine. (15-25).  Is there any major hit in my frames if I purchase the full version.  I do have KSFO, KLGA and KEWR in the area but still I was able to get resonable FPS with those installed. 

Thanks for any feedback.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

As far as I know the demo is exactly the same as the purchased version so you can test it out on your computer before buying.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim, that is what I did with the demo and the fps were ok.  I guess I had better go purchase before the sale ends.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Demo will not give you the full story as there is a lot missing but the price is right thats for sure

Rich Sennett

Well I went ahead and purchased NY-X before the sales end and I am well pleased. Rich, you were spot on with the additional building etc.   Frames with the building increase did not change much compared to the demo.

May consider one more airport from these folks before the sale ends.  Any recommendations?

Regards,

Carl

Carl,

If you fly also outside of the US, take EPKK - their best so far.

Thanks Rafal.  Downloading the demo and will check it out.  Good reviews.  It is etiher this one or Warsaw.

Carl

Warsaw Chopin is also looking great, especially combined with Warsaw City X.

However it takes a toll on performance which is stellar at EPKK and not so good at EPWA.

Charging customers from a product that did not work is not fair from my opinion. Just referring to the upgrade price.