Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25NOV15] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - VC Preview!

Jamie,

Hardy is highly deserving of everyone's respect because he has created an exceptional simulation of the airplane as a single developer working through an incredibly complex development process.  I own both versions of his simulation, much as I own copies of just about everything that comes out in the FSX market because I am a firm believer in supporting other developers.  That being said, I stand by my assertion. 

Absolutely, whilst I don't personally own PSX, it's usually held up to be the gold standard in 747 technical accuracy and completeness, that it's a lone developer makes it even more impressive.  That said, I'm glad to hear that you are aim to (or have) attained that level.

I am sure someone will run off to other locals with their hair on fire trying to paint this comment as "Rob is talking sh&t about PSX!" but I am not.  I am merely stating what I believe to be true of our platform based upon our resources and our error checking process.  Your mileage may vary.

Well, morons will be morons.  Whilst it's useful to compare (and comparisons will be made, without a doubt), I don't think anything said to date can be taken as "talking sh&t" about PSX.

Awesome update and beautiful pictures Robert!   It is clear that silence meant you were working very hard behind the scenes.   Just another 2 cents on the assertion you made about PSX - "that you can get your hands on" has another meaning to me as well - costs!   Although it seems like a truely amazing sim, I can't "get my hands on it" because it is far too expensive for me.   Your products in comparison always carries an afordable price tag for the common folks lol.  

Really looking forward to that -400ER!!!

Kind regards

Thanks for the update Robert. How is the DC6 for x-plane coming?

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

Thanks guys for the Thanksgiving update! This looks outstanding and although I love the Queen from 2006, she is looking a bit tired when compared to your more recent offerings. So anticipating to be flying this in 2016!

S. Robinson

Scott Robinson

Oh My! :smile:  This is wonderful. I want nothing else but this for christmas!

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Looking very nice guys! I mostly fly the NGX since I'm building a home cockpit, but recently got back in the T7 and am looking forward to adding this heavy to my hanger. I'll definitely be pushing the envelope in this bird at some of the ZBW fields I'm familiar with, this'll probably be my ticket to start flying in Europe to do some long haul BAW flights. PMDG never fails to impress me with their next products, and I have no doubt that you'll give the Queen the detailed simulation she deserves.

Cheers,

Krikor Hajian

Sensational stuff guys. Well done - looking forward to this.

With this new addition I have a potential lifetime backlog of aircraft to learn.. still mastering your amazing 737.

It's great you guys acknowledge the importance of accurate sound.

Looking fantastic, Thanks for the update.

Just a quick question. The cockpit as pictured is based on Delta Airlines hence the grey seat covers and blue carpet. Will selecting a different airline bring a full brown cockpit with the normal brown carpet and seat covers or is the Delta config the only colour option for the virtual cockpit? If the virtual cockpit changed with the airline that would be a brilliant feature.

• Upvote 1

I forgot to mention ,

I use P3Dv3,,, and do not have the problem with the mouse, it makes no difference where I place the mouse.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

These look great. Unfortunately going through some financial hardships currently and am unable to purchase for a while.

Looks fantastic, i look forward to purchasing this...as i have done everything else, twice even!  :Tounge:

If i may ask, and i appreciate it may have already been answered; are both models the 744 and the 748 included in the base package or is the 748 an additional purchase?  My apologies if this has already been asked.

Ian R Tyldesley

Looks fantastic, i look forward to purchasing this...as i have done everything else, twice even!  :Tounge:

If i may ask, and i appreciate it may have already been answered; are both models the 744 and the 748 included in the base package or is the 748 an additional purchase?  My apologies if this has already been asked.

The way I understand it is first the base package, the -400 and it's variants, then the -8i/F will follow as an expansion.

Regards

Really looking forward to this. Screenshots look amazing as always!

Thanks for the great write up of information, Mr. Randazzo. Hope you and your team had a great Thanks Giving. 

Sante-

Sante Sottile