Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeMB

Some issues I'm having with MCE

Hi,

I been really enjoying MCE since I bought it. But I got a few issues with the add-on I'm hoping I can get some information on how to correct them.

First issue I'm having is with a script flow and some of its actions not being performed.

It's with the before take off flow script in the MD-11F which is the plane I mainly use with MCE 

Here is the script I use: I edited it a little.

[OPTIONS]
Suspend=0
Verbose=1
RequireConfirmation=0

[REPLIES]

[COMPLETED]
Completed1=ready for takeoff checklist

[sCRIPT]
high intensity lights on
pause=1
landing lights on
pause=1
taxi lights on
pause=1
transponder on
pause=1

The co-pilot always puts the high intensity lights to on with no issue but never the landing lights or taxi lights to on. He says landing lights on but the switch never moves to on.

I have to do it manually. This seems to be the only flow I been having this issue with. 

A other issue I been having is with requesting flap settings. The co-pilot understands slats extend and flaps 10, 15, 35 and 50. But he never seems to understand flaps 28 which is a flap setting the MD-11 uses for approach. I say flaps 28 but I get 20 instead.

Those are my questions for now thank you for any help.

Regards,

George.

GeorgeMB

Hello George,

The "landing lights" issue I have experienced before. Try this vox script phraseology, "switch on landing lights". "Switch off landing lights".

The verbal command to "flaps twenty eight", sounds like an interpretation issue. Try slightly different phraseology. "SET flaps to twenty eight"?

What's appearing atop the screen when you issue the commands? MCE will tell you to use a different phraseology if its not understood.

I run the speech training a couple of times and every now and again my commands don't get herd. I sometimes use "pay attention" and my FO hears me?

Try the command in a vox script flow. Vox script command "flaps twenty eight", vox script flow " set flaps twenty eight". Been a while since I flew an MD11, but these did work.

Regards

David.

Thanks for your reply David.

I played around with the vox script phraseology as you suggested and it still didn't work. But I did notice that MCE never switches the MD-11 taxi lights switch to just taxi.
It goes right to land. Even with a voice command.

You flown the PMDG MD-11 before so you know how that plane has the two landing light switches and the taxi toggle switch has both taxi and land options.

Well it seems that if the taxi light switch is on at all MCE thinks the two main landing light switches are on already too. But with the taxi light switch off the before take off flow works just fine.

I'm still having issues with the flaps. I tried editing the landing flow script and added ''set flaps to twenty eight'' so a verbal command would not even be needed but it wasn't recognized.

Small issues not a big deal if these things don't work. But the light thing is odd.

GeorgeMB

George I am on P3dv3 and XP now so don't have the MD11 readily available to test.

"Taxi lights switch on" and "landing lights switch on" should work on the respective switches. Drop support an e mail, there may have been an update since I last flew the MD11.

I honestly can't recall having an issue with the flaps.

Try doing a single flow with just one command in the flow, namely "set flaps twenty eight", trigger it with any command you want, flaps xxx. That's the power of vox script, any command can be triggered with any verbiage

I know exactly how exasperating these things are, really they all do work in the MD11, its been a supported aircraft for a long time.

Regards

David.

Well I hate to bug tech support over a small issue like this but I'll drop them a line about it as you suggest.

Thanks for your time David.

GeorgeMB

The co-pilot always puts the high intensity lights to on with no issue but never the landing lights or taxi lights to on. He says landing lights on but the switch never moves to on.

I have to do it manually. This seems to be the only flow I been having this issue with. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is confirmed indeed.

No need to wait for next update or re-install MCE.

Simply download this zip file, unzip it and replace "mcpmd11X.dll" inside "\Flight Simulator X\MCE dlls\" and/or \Prepar3D v3\MCE dlls\" folder

http://www.multicrewxp.com/mcpmd11X.zip

Taxi and LL lights should be handled correctly after replacing dll.

Next MCE update will include this fix.

• Upvote 2