Sign in to follow this  
HamSammich

Majestic DHC-8 Q400 Pro - ILS HUD To Minimums 4K

A cool ILS arrival into Bowerman, over Orbx PNW for Prepar3d v3.

Can't credit Majestic enough.

The Mighty Dash can now hand-fly to Cat-III precision, and the new controls to make it seem easy. I couldn't have flown this arrival better myself.

Oh, wait! I did!

Best,

Marshall

• Upvote 3

Very informative I learned so much with this one video...great work. I enjoyed the way you explained all

the procedures and then the way all it fell into place...while you landed....you should pat yourself on the back

because I to will try this approach only because of your teachings.

Great Work....

Do More.

all the best

Giancarlo

That was a great video! I really enjoyed it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Nice landing!  Guess I can breathe now...  Great video with a lot of detail.  Thanks for posting.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Great video and awesome landing.  Though I understand the frustration with your throttles I had to laugh at your commentary regarding their quality.  Here's hoping your holiday wish comes true!

Richard P. Kelly

Appreciate the kind words. Have a lot more posted already, but will be putting up much more.

Up next, an epic fail and recovery. There's an RNAV approach for PAJN in the Dash's FMS that is not published and, I discovered, does not lead anywhere good. I flew it just to see what would happen. At a certain point, I had to break it off and make it a circle-to-land.

Then--the surprise. And hilarity ensues.

Not one of those "gamer" swerve-crash-burn-laff deals, mind you. A solid, serious recovery, but in the funniest of circumstances. . .as you'll see.

Best,

Marshall