Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FPS drops alot when using ActiveSky Next in p3d v3

I notice that I get pretty smooth fps if the weather is fair and decent cloud coverage, but when I use ASN and there seems to be those rain clouds, I see a noticeable FPS drop... is there any way to fix this? I have my Cloud coverage slider set to the minimum with is 60miles. And cloud coverage medium.

Seems like I get this problem only when using ASN. If I use one of the built in weather themes, I have no problems.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

With my old card i found ASN had an impact when using 2/4 SSG, with my new card i get very little or no impact on frames.  There are settings in the ASN control panel that can reduce impact,  like cloud coverage, Thunderstorms, changing weather on approach,  loads of settings in there, have a peep. In work now,  Cant remember them off hand though  

Yeh its called reduce your cloud settings, lower draw distance or something for something, cant have it all.

Tip for Ya.  When breaking in a new system, always test with the sim in the worst cloudiest weather known to insanity.

Till then you gona be beaching all the way to Timbuktu