Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What's a good 4K TV for flight simming/gaming?

Vernon

I was wondering how the aspect ratio would affect the look inside the VC? You would think a 21:9 aspect ratio would 'stretch' and distort the view of the VC but maybe not? Seems your very happy with it. I am also considering this type monitor.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

The 4K monitor I got Vizio el cheapo $549 special its benefits is the cockpit gauges look cleaner and less noticeable jaggys in fsx at 4K. It's good glass cockpits more than anything at 4K Rez as you see less pixels on the letters and numbers. Just run 970gtx on it for now.

Or a slightly smaller but LOT cheaper alternative 4k option, anyone have one of these?

http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/hise-ltdn55k321uwts

I got a reply back from Hisense to say both the 50 and 55 inch versions of their tvs on sale at richer sounds support YUV444, something not stated in the manuals. Just thought that may be helpful or anyone considering choices... Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Lots to consider as others have stated.

I have 2 x 4k screens running @60hz and without a doubt the bigger the better !!!

In my opinion also the big curved screen really adds to the immersion in gaming, especially with P3Dv3 !!  :smile:

The key is while simming, I move up 3-4 ft close. I don't see a curved screen. It's hard to put into words but it just feels like I'm sitting in the cockpit where the panel gauges, dials, and switches all appear like actual size.

For anyone running a 55' 4k flat screen, do you notice any distorted images (faded) on the left and right side of the screen.

Steve Cannell..

What size are those 2 x 4k screens?

RMM

Samsung 78" 4K UHD Curved UN78HU9000  3840 x 2160 @60hz also works well @30hz .

ASUS 28" 4k PB287Q  @60hz

I can even run both these monitors in multiple display configuration, while flying in P3Dv3  running applications, youtube videos or netflix on either monitor. However I cannot undock a new window in p3d to the second screen and still get acceptable frames.To bad It would be nice to have a full screen spot view going on the 28".

Skylake i7 6700k @4.8

Maximus Hero III mb

DDR4 16gb @3200

2 x GTX 970 in SLI

Cheers

Steve could you post a picture of your setup with P3D running. So curious to see how it looks. Sounds amazing.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Steve could you post a picture of your setup with P3D running. So curious to see how it looks. Sounds amazing.

Don't think I have tried posting pics here before. My best shot.  :smile:

My favorite flying experience is now directly in front of the Samsung 78" curved 4k.

In just a few minutes I can drag my IKEA ergo chair and ottoman directly in front and use these little ikea stools along side for placing the keyboard, throttle, joystickor 360 controller, ipad (FMS) and Surface Pro 3 (client).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_GLXRTebuW0QnJwbEdjcmVrOHc

Rarely now will I fly with this dual monitor configuration (as shown) as it does affect performance, setup time and serves little purpose. However the ASUS 28" 4k and arm are perfect for along side the leather sofa while using the 78" for all other media. This works quite well even when also used in dual monitor config, with just a little cost to fps. 

For those running larger monitors, I have a 970 GTX 4GB card.  Does anyone foresee a problem with a 55' running at 4K?  I'm currently running a 40' Phillips monitor @ 4K res with no issues. 

I'm running 6700k @ 4.8 and 2 x EVGA GTX 970's.

One GTX 970 will do 4k. Don't think the size of monitor makes any difference.

Cheers

I'm running 6700k @ 4.8 and 2 x EVGA GTX 970's.

One GTX 970 will do 4k. Don't think the size of monitor makes any difference.

Cheers

Thanks Steve.  

thanks for all your feedback, but one thing I noticed, a monitor is always much sharper than a TV.

When comparing a 1080p HDTV for example a 48" vs a 27" 1080p Monitor. The monitor is much much sharper. So I'm assuming it would be the same when comparing 4K TV vs a 4K monitor. Wouldn't a monitor be sharper?

Apples and oranges... You can't compare two displays of different physical sizes... If the resolution is the same, of course the pixels will be larger and less sharp on a bigger screen.