Sign in to follow this  
vgbisto

PMDG 777 and 737NG blank screens

Hello,

a couple of days ago I downloaded the latest update for PMDG 777 and 737 NG. In order to install them I removed the previous installation and at the end of the installation process I was asked to install the DirectX. But the DirectX refused to install with the error:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled"

I tried all possible solutions that I found in the web but none is solving the problem. I checked in the Log files and I found that the file dxupdate.cab cannot be trusted.

If I am not mistaken the above failed installation of DirectX causes black screens and inability to operate any button of the planes with I run them in FSX.

Would you please help me to solve the problem? I desperately want to "fly" again with these great planes.

Thank you,

Vas

Hello,

a couple of days ago I downloaded the latest update for PMDG 777 and 737 NG. In order to install them I removed the previous installation and at the end of the installation process I was asked to install the DirectX. But the DirectX refused to install with the error:

"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled"

I tried all possible solutions that I found in the web but none is solving the problem. I checked in the Log files and I found that the file dxupdate.cab cannot be trusted.

If I am not mistaken the above failed installation of DirectX causes black screens and inability to operate any button of the planes with I run them in FSX.

Would you please help me to solve the problem? I desperately want to "fly" again with these great planes.

Thank you,

Vas

Hello,

Thank you,

Vas

Try installing manually:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=34429

No ideas? Please! I want the planes back. From my search in the web I found that this problem happened to many people. What is the solution and why happened anyway?

Vas

I tried that before. On one hand seems that the installation run smooth, but on the other hand seems that does nothing. Anyway the problem occurs with a different kind of installation, The one that "works" has a green X in the installation window, while the one that downloaded with the PMDG file has a grey background and writes DirectX. I cannot say why they are different.

Vas

I tried that before. On one hand seems that the installation run smooth, but on the other hand seems that does nothing. Anyway the problem occurs with a different kind of installation, The one that "works" has a green X in the installation window, while the one that downloaded with the PMDG file has a grey background and writes DirectX. I cannot say why they are different.

Vas

Full names are required in the forum - first and last.

Sounds like a tougher issue than you're going to get help with here in the community support forum. Send us a ticket using the support system, linked in my sig. You will need to create an account there if you have not done so before.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle,

I did that. I opened a ticket at the support team.

Vassilis Bistolas