Sign in to follow this  
TorranceR1

Trouble with crashes Win 8.1

Hi everybody. I recently had to reinstall FSX due to some bugs and little things. Up until I had to reinstall my FSX everything ran fine with no problems on my Windows 8.1 system. Now after reinstalling FSX again I have been having some serious problems with crashes.Whenever I land any aircraft at any airport (addon scenery or not) my sim crashes to the desktop. The problem also sometimes occurs on takeoff.

Any help would be much appreciated, Robbie.

Please Note:

I am using FSX Gold Edition

UIAutomationCore.dll v6.0.5840.16386 is in my FSX root.

I have experienced this in Default, A2A and PMDG aircraft at airports with and without addon scenery.

Hi everybody. I recently had to reinstall FSX due to some bugs and little things. Up until I had to reinstall my FSX everything ran fine with no problems on my Windows 8.1 system. Now after reinstalling FSX again I have been having some serious problems with crashes.Whenever I land any aircraft at any airport (addon scenery or not) my sim crashes to the desktop. The problem also sometimes occurs on takeoff.

Any help would be much appreciated, Robbie.

Please Note:

I am using FSX Gold Edition

UIAutomationCore.dll v6.0.5840.16386 is in my FSX root.

I have experienced this in Default, A2A and PMDG aircraft at airports with and without addon scenery.

Please check out the AVSIM CTD Guide for some suggestions (see the link to the guide in my signature).  You should send us an AppCrashView report which would show us the faulting module (see page 1).  It would also tell us whether you have FSX installed in the default locations or installed in another location like C:\FSX.  I wish it was as simple as you think that we can troubleshoot your crash with the information you provided but it is impossible.  FSX works perfectly in Windows 8.1 for the majority of users.  Reinstalling FSX usually fixes most problems but you have already done that.  If you fly for a period of one hour or more with high fsx and video card settings, FSX will crash when landing at airports because Windows has run out of virtual address space (VAS).  It all depends on the complexity of the scenery and your settings.  The more complex, the faster your sim will crash.  Did you install Windows 8.1 64 bit version or the 32 bit version?  The 64 bit version will give you more VAS but you will still run out of it on long flights unless you tone down your settings.  These are some thoughts and suggestions.  Not a solution. Placing the uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder will not give you more VAS or fix your crashes.  I do not recommend it in the main FSX folder if you have a Sandy Bridge or later system.  It might have worked well back in the XP days but not anymore.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim. Thanks very much for your reply, your help is much appreciated. I have never used or even heard of AppCrashView before so I decided to download and run it. Here is a report I found of it of my simulator crashing on 11/26/2015:

fsx.exe Stopped working 26/11/2015 20:29:12 All Users 0xc0000005 0x0002a7a9 main.dll 10.0.61637.0 C:\FSX\fsx.exe 23,334 C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_9d1d4df67c70547fe06f1cb4e114497a36ce70_00000000_54c3376a\Report.wer

I am not sure what any of this means but hopefully this helps. Yes, my FSX root is in a different location than I previously had it in. It is in C:\FSX. I would also like to mention that my VAS usage hasn't been seen very high as I regularly check it during flights and I also don't run very high settings within FSX as I prefer better fps than graphics.

Regards, Robbie

Go to the main FSX directory and find fsx.exe.  Right click the file and select Properties.  Go to the compatibility tab and look all the way down and make sure it indicates that you can run FSX for All Users.  Evidently one of your users is not authorized access to FSX.  You should always start FSX with Administrative Rights.  You must also have UAC disabled.  Make sure you have any anti-virus program setup so it does not scan FSX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10