Sign in to follow this  
LibsThePilot

Adding McMurdo (and co) to the FMC

Hey gents,

Having recently acquired Aerosoft's Antarctica X, I explored NZIR (the Ice Runway) a bit. Any way of adding that to the FMC? This would apply to PMDG, but also to the QualityWings 757 if anyone knew a bit about that. This question also applies to NZPG (Pegasus Field) and NZWD (Williams Field).

Thank you!

Alec

Hey gents,

Having recently acquired Aerosoft's Antarctica X, I explored NZIR (the Ice Runway) a bit. Any way of adding that to the FMC? This would apply to PMDG, but also to the QualityWings 757 if anyone knew a bit about that. This question also applies to NZPG (Pegasus Field) and NZWD (Williams Field).

Thank you!

Alec

Open the nav data folder in the PMDG subfolder of your sim. Open the airports file. Use the existing airports as a template/guide and add the fields in alpha order.

EDIT: Keep in mind that you will have to add this into each cycle.

Kyle Rodgers

Open the nav data folder in the PMDG subfolder of your sim. Open the airports file. Use the existing airports as a template/guide and add the fields in alpha order.

EDIT: Keep in mind that you will have to add this into each cycle.

Do you mean NAVDATA/airports.dat?

Do you mean NAVDATA/airports.dat?

Nope.

wpNavAPT.txt

Sorry for not being more specific earlier. I was reinstalling FSX and couldn't see the file structure.

Kyle Rodgers

scandinavian13, on 28 Nov 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Nope.

wpNavAPT.txt

Sorry for not being more specific earlier. I was reinstalling FSX and couldn't see the file structure.

Now now Kyle, reinstalling creates more problems than it solves! :wink:

Jokes :Tounge:

Now now Kyle, reinstalling creates more problems than it solves! :wink:

Jokes :Tounge:

haha - new rig is together and getting its treat of an onslaught of software  :lol:

Theoretically, that's all well and good.

Practically - there's like no data for NZIR. 

Googling gives you the Lat/Lon, which, when viewed in Maps View, appears to be the end of one of the runways. Google Maps displays the coordinates of any location single clicked on the map. Just click on the runway ends (might be easier to see in Earth view).

Wiki says that the runways are 10,000'.

I'd say you have just about everything you need.

Kyle Rodgers

haha - new rig is together and getting its treat of an onslaught of software  :lol:

Googling gives you the Lat/Lon, which, when viewed in Maps View, appears to be the end of one of the runways. Google Maps displays the coordinates of any location single clicked on the map. Just click on the runway ends (might be easier to see in Earth view).

Wiki says that the runways are 10,000'.

I'd say you have just about everything you need.

Wouldn't I also need the precise heading, or not really?

If you'll send me a PM with your email address, I can send you the text file that I use to copy the data for NZIR into the FMC navdata folder.  I also added the ZIR VOR that is present in FSX, and the NZPG and NZWD airports for reference purposes. 

Milton Kuser - KDFW