Sign in to follow this  
itye1970

Lionheart Learjet Autopilot Altitude kees diving!

I purchased the lionheart learjet and am happy with it but am having issues with the autopilot.

I ensure the inverters are on
I click the switch to GPS
I then set the altitude say to 5000 feet
I set a gps route (using the direct to option)
I then engage the Autopilot and the green light is on and GPS mode is on
I hit the ALT key to maintain altitude but then it starts losing altitude rapidly??

What am I doing wrong?

I could be wrong but, as far as I can remember, pressing the ALT key will command the aircraft to climb or descend to the altitude set in the set Altitude gauge (located on the main panel between the ADF and NAV frequency setting gauges). It is not an Altitude Hold switch, it is the equivalent of Altitude Acquire.

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

I could be wrong but, as far as I can remember, pressing the ALT key will command the aircraft to climb or descend to the altitude set in the set Altitude gauge (located on the main panel between the ADF and NAV frequency setting gauges). It is not an Altitude Hold switch, it is the equivalent of Altitude Acquire.

I set it at 5000 but it dived lower than what was set?

I just tried it (admittedly in P3D) and it worked perfectly. Are you sure that you've engaged ALT mode? (there should be additional verification with a wings symbol over ALT on the Remote Panel switches on the main panel in front of you). Also. when the autopilot captures the altitude, the red light flashes on the Altitude Set gauge.

Otherwise I would contact Bill at Lionheart support - he's always very helpful.

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE