Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Magestic Dash 8 PRO bug problem ?

I purchased the PRO Edition right when it came out. I quickly discovered that the FMC doesn't work. After it is turned on the screen remains black. I went to their support and they were very good asking many questions after many e-mails , but they have yet to come up with a solution. I even tried re-installing but to no avail. The last e-mail I got from them about four days ago suggested that it might be a bug and they would let me know.

My question is anyone else having this problem ?

I realize you posted in the FSX/FSX:SE forum, but may I ask if you're running the Dash under P3D?

If FSX/FSX:SE. then I can say that to the best of my knowledge none of the Beta team experienced this problem under FSX/FSX:SE, and I haven't seen anything similar in over 5 years with the Pro  nor has anyone on my test team (7 different computer setups) so it's certainly an interesting problem.

I don't know if you're running P3D V3, but I'll add this just in case.... Bugs under P3D V3 are caused by the changes made by LM and some are still being found and corrected.  The more changes made to P3D increasing make it a different simulator, thus developers need time to figure out all the changes and how they affect their software, and with complex aircraft that sometimes meas re-writing some of the code to give the the user the same function that exists in FSX.

Even with such a complex aircraft, it's noteworthy that Majestic doesn't charge anything extra (or make customers pay full price) for P3D compatibility!  Neither does Aerosoft. One has to really appreciate them for that.

Hope you're back in the air quickly my friend!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I purchased the PRO Edition right when it came out. I quickly discovered that the FMC doesn't work. After it is turned on the screen remains black. I went to their support and they were very good asking many questions after many e-mails , but they have yet to come up with a solution. I even tried re-installing but to no avail. The last e-mail I got from them about four days ago suggested that it might be a bug and they would let me know.

My question is anyone else having this problem ?

If you're running P3D, you have to download the P3D3-specific gauge file from their support forum and replace the one that the installer put there.  I forgot to do that when I ran the Q400 the first time after I installed it in P3D3 and saw what you're reporting here.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If you're running P3D, you have to download the P3D3-specific gauge file from their support forum and replace the one that the installer put there.  I forgot to do that when I ran the Q400 the first time after I installed it in P3D3 and saw what you're reporting here.

Regards

I would hope our team would have had him do this during troubleshooting. Would be a heck of an overlook if they didn't.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

All that I'm running is FSX. They just sent me something to use, but right now having trouble with it.

Thank you for this information

Could you please try using the following dll file

http://majesticsoftware.com/fileexchange/mjc84_1018pro_dbg4_noHGSPanel.zip

instead of your existing panel/mjc84_main.dll

And tell me if this fixes the FMS problem (this will also deactivate the
HGS Panel in the VC, but you still should be able to use a 2D panel
version of it, till we fix the issue) This is what I'm having trouble opening.

All that I'm running is FSX. They just sent me something to use, but right now having trouble with it.

Thank you for this information

Could you please try using the following dll file

http://majesticsoftware.com/fileexchange/mjc84_1018pro_dbg4_noHGSPanel.zip

instead of your existing panel/mjc84_main.dll

And tell me if this fixes the FMS problem (this will also deactivate the

HGS Panel in the VC, but you still should be able to use a 2D panel

version of it, till we fix the issue) This is what I'm having trouble opening.

The download is a ZIP file; it works.  Extract the .dll file to \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\panel

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

It unzips just fine for me.  Not sure why you're having an issue with it.

Just a thought... when you installed the Dash 8, did you allow it to (or did it) install the DirectX update?  No or a bad DirectX update could cause the problem you're having.

I'll likely drop into this on the Majestic side.... no need to post here about it if you don't want to.

Dave Hodges

I used the dll that they gave me and it worked. I have to praise the support that the Magestic people gave me. They were right on it.

I used the dll that they gave me and it worked. I have to praise the support that the Magestic people gave me. They were right on it.

I'm very happy to hear you're back flying!

Absolutely true, Majestic is truly in their own class when it comes to support. Truly!

Dave Hodges