Sign in to follow this  
nudata

V3.0 Start-Immediate Error

Uninstalled V2.5 via "official" process. Also deleted references in the User/App Data area. Ran CCleaner and its Registry cleaner. Reboot/Start Windows10.  The install of v3.0 goes properly. but as soon as I try to start it I get the error below.

The code is meaningless to me:

RW029.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Follwed and tried all the Microsoft stuff but no help. Tried to reinstall NET 4.6.1 but would not do since it was already there. I have no desire to create Windows 10 problems by messing about with NET. If the installation of NET is my problem then P3D V3.0 is the only thing tripping across it. I will stay with 2.5 rather than a Windows 10 reinstall.

regards,

I have .NET 1.1 and 4.5.2 installed on my Win7 system. Perhaps the actual problem is the .NET version?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I would reinstall P3DV3 and make sure UAC and any anti-virus program is disabled. 

Before you do that, you can also try making sure P3D is started with admin privileges.  Go to the main P3D folder, right click on Prepar3D.exe, select properties and then click on the compatibility tab.  Look all the way down on this tab and make sure Admin Rights have been enabled for ALL USERS. 

Microsoft Visual C++2010 was used to make sure P3D was installed properly.  Make sure you have the x86 version 40219.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

V3.jpg

I have this "symbol" in the lower right of the P3Dv3.0 shortcut. Is this indicative of some error??

I have tried every derivations of a clean install. Repaired C+++  and XNA Framework to no avail. Looking at various web sources I see a variety of processes to remove and reinstall Framework. Each has unique issues and none is specific to my issue. Obviously my system is defective so I will just have to sort it out.

regards,

No, it does not mean there is an error.  That is the security emblem that's over the P3D icon.  Did you change the startup to indicate Administrative Privileges for ALL USERS as I detailed in post #5?  The security shield/badge indicates you have to start up the program with Administrative Privileges.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I set ALL Users to get admin. I also made suThnat the Security settings were correct using Security tab beside Compatibility. If I could reinstall Framework I feel that will cure-all.

I saw where someone said that Turbo Tax was a good test. So I started last year's and it worked ok.

I am going to re-look at the web with a goal of reinstalling Framework. It absolutely refuses to install over the existing software in Windows/Microsoft.NET

Alternative is reinstall Windows 10.

regards,

Dick,

Microsoft.net is used by the developer to make sure his application runs as designed, including memory management.  Microsoft Visuals are used to make sure the product was installed properly as intended by the developer.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) there is a link to Microsoft.net troubleshooting (see page 7).  There's a link to the verification tool to make sure you have all of the required versions installed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM