Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Aero mode and Vsync adaptive 1/2 refresh rate

Does anyone know if i can use Aero mode in windows with vsync set at adaptive with 1/2 refresh rate in Nvidia Control Panel, with also P3D V3 Vsync on with triple buffer?

Vernon Howells

Does anyone know if i can use Aero mode in windows with vsync set at adaptive with 1/2 refresh rate in Nvidia Control Panel, with also P3D V3 Vsync on with triple buffer?

Yes you can in the sense that that is what I'm using and am getting some very smooth results.

Assuming you are aiming for 30 FPS make sure you set the frame rate limiter a bit higher to 31 or 32 in P3D.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The 1/2 refresh rate in the nvidia control panel / inspector, doesn't seem to work and to make any change in P3D...

Gianluca

If adaptive vsync half refresh rate was working, you'd leave your frames to unlimited and your frame rate would match half your refresh rate. So for instance if you have a 60hz monitor the vsync would keep the fps at 30. As previously said this feature doesn't work in p3d.

No you would set 30 or 60 fps in P3D not unlimited you would get stutters

Vernon Howells

If adaptive vsync half refresh rate was working, you'd leave your frames to unlimited and your frame rate would match half your refresh rate. So for instance if you have a 60hz monitor the vsync would keep the fps at 30. As previously said this feature doesn't work in p3d.

exactly.... Do you think one day it will work in P3D too? like FSX and like X-Plane do.. What's the technical reason? Is it the missing full screen in p3d ? 

So whats best i should do? Set adaptive in Nvidia control panel and set unlimited in P3D

Vernon Howells

I wouldn't bother with adaptive. Just leave it as default. Then experiment whats smoothest for you. Having the frames locked at 30 or unlimited. On my rig unlimited seems much smoother and gives better frame rates in demanding situations.

If i set unlimited my P3D still hits 40fps

Ok so just wipe NIV CP to default

Vernon Howells

In my my Nvidia control panel I have singe display performance mode and prefer maximum performance enabled and that's it.