Sign in to follow this  
MD11PHKCE

B748i when interior-window light on, B747 transform to transparent fuselage

Good evening, I am the first experience as a repaint, and if someone could please explain where I'm wrong, for some reason that I can not understand finished repaint and converted to dds, with its canal alpha, I see a problem as in the photo, during daylight okay but in the night by activating the interior lights of the cabin fuselage dive transparent and I can not find the cause after having tried to save and merge the layers in all different ways.During the painting I proceed so I open the file of the entire fuselage left and right through and through repaint cut parts to put in the file map 748 pax or cargo, specific finished painting section rirmane with all levels from them do union levels then cut and paste it in the lining as shown in the map or pax freighter map ... I finish them parts such as engines and various, if not then if the mistake is to save all, adding the levels and saving in psd, tga or .bmp, or if saving without flatten ...... I see layers in the layers palette shadow I do not know if this is the problem ...... but the fact is that in making the 747-400 / MD-11 this I ..... problem appears only with the 748 .... surely some mistake proceedings ..... I tried to save separanado alpha channel and then add dxtmb ..... I have tried in various ways but transparency remains ....
Thanks in advance to those who will give me tips
Best regards

Cristiano  

Hello Christiano,

It Looks like You are are using an Fs9 Aircraft - in Fsx ?? - If this is the case - Does the Aircraft Display Normally in the Sim - with the Original Textures ?? - If it does - Do not try to change the file structure - from BMP to DDS - the geometry is Built to use Bmp with Alpha for Fs9 - and Fsx Geometry uses Fsx textures - NO Alpha ! - For Fs9 Textures that use Alpha (Glass, Prop, Windows, Ect) - You will Probably have to reset the Alpha channel with DxtBmp for them to display Properly in Fsx - If You have Transparent Holes in Your Aircraft - These are most Likely Flipped Polygon Normal's and You will not be able to fix this with Textures - I hope this Helps - It sure confuses Me !! - Good Luck and Let us Know what You Find !! 

Johnman B) 

P.S. - To find out if the Aircraft is Native FSX - Look in the Sim Objects > Container for the Aircraft > Model folder - If it has one *.mdl file - then it Fs9 - if it has a *.mdl file for the Aircraft and a *.mdl file for the interior then it is native Fsx - Get back with Us ! - Johnman B)

Hello Johnman,  :smile:

Thanks for the answer, I forgot to say that I use FSX, I downloaded from the PMDG paintkit of 747-8 pax and cargo FSX, and use the original plots I did not understand the question bmp, finished the job in the paintkit I have to save that format before converting it to dds? FSX does not use alpha channels. When I open the program DXTBmp the correct procedure to save in dds after flip image, in the square next to the alpha channel appears to leave it in black?

Excuse this series of questions, but I'm a bit confused .... 

Best Regards and Thanks