Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Why I haven't been simming latley

Nice Rich, I have a 900 box as well. Moves loooooots of air.

Great news Lamar - thing weighs a ton  :smile: all ready and haven't installed MB - PS - GPU - Tubing & Coolant yet 

Rich Sennett

Little update - Have to order up these 90 degree rotary fittings - only have one - no idea how I missed this but anyway all of the 6 ports will require the bitspower 90 degree fittings

The case was painted by local autobody shop which also has a baking system

2r7vout.jpg

I have posted a pic of how it looked after I ripped everything out below - I use "E" flute cardboard as templates for cutting the Optix lexan - pretty much the same thickness so works out well - I suggest using a plastic cutter knife and score it at least 40 to 50 times before you break off the excess - takes some practice so buy extra thats for sure.

Make sure you tape area to be drilled when making holes (3m painters tape) and use a step drill or you will crack the optix - guess how I know this - no fun

Parts used

http://www.lowes.com/pd_11220-1638-11G0075A___?productId=3140713&pl=1&Ntt=optix

http://www.lowes.com/pd_159779-281-10234CBSM___?productId=3116967&pl=1&Ntt=step+drill

2jew9ax.jpg

Rich Sennett

Oh I didn't miss it I was intending on bending tubing into fittings but the minimum 90 degree angle is to big for the room I have - bitspower 90 degree fittings will make for a cleaner look  which is what I wanted to begin with

Rich Sennett

Very nice Rich, i love the mix of White and Blue, very eye fetching,  and of course all that high end technology stuff is cool as well   :smile:

Very nice Rich, i love the mix of White and Blue, very eye fetching,  and of course all that high end technology stuff is cool as well   :smile:

Thanks Elaine - much appreciated  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Picked up a Nikon 5100 today - wow a real camera - have to learn how to use it but out of the box and a basic studio setup very impressive - my Titan X water block shown - project in rigid tubing phase more photos to follow - need to pick up studio lighting components for PC Glamour shots - thanks for looking

m9yflg.jpg

4zyla9.jpg

Rich Sennett

Looking good! I'm building a new rig in 2016 with the same case as you have invested in. Just waiting for the next gen graphics cards. I'm heraing the top models will have as much as 64GB memory - Maybe now we can enjoy all those shadows options in P3D.

I'm currently using the Corsair Obsidian 800 and have been very happy with it. Size matters when you want a hassle free build - as long as you have long enough cables.

Good luck!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Keep up the good work Rich, it's looking beautiful. Water cooling a computer is as much a labor of love as it is art. I just finished my X99 5930K/Titan build in a Caselabs TX10D last week. It's a lot of work but the end results are going to be worth it.

Nick Preston

Nice Rich ... here is a good web site to calc Depth of Field: http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html  ... has the Nikon 5100 listed in the dropdown.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Buddy - much appreciated

Looking good! I'm building a new rig in 2016

Good luck!

Thank you and good luck with your build  :wink:

Keep up the good work Rich, it's looking beautiful. Water cooling a computer is as much a labor of love as it is art. I just finished my X99 5930K/Titan build in a Caselabs TX10D last week. It's a lot of work but the end results are going to be worth it.

Nice Nick I was to do it over I would spring for a white  Caselabs SMA8 - just a bit out of my price range this time - 900D is a bit flimsy had to sure it up a bit after ripping it a part - changing all of the parts from black to white has been a ton of work but should be worth it  :wink: good luck with your new rig - post a pic or two  :dance:

Rich Sennett

Here we go Rich. This is just one side of the case. I have to build the second side which will run my Sandy Bridge setup.

sLV3BaK.jpg

The X99 set-up is black and white, my camera rendered the white LED strip lighting with a slight purple hue. Everything here is all custom built, including the wiring, which has been sleeved and cable sewn. The cooling system and fans are all automatically controlled and monitored by an Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 Pro.

Nick Preston

Here we go Rich. This is just one side of the case. I have to build the second side which will run my Sandy Bridge setup.The X99 set-up is black and white, my camera rendered the white LED strip lighting with a slight purple hue.

Looks super Nick - thanks for sharing - looking forward to more shots - you make your own paracord sleeving - looks like paracord - waiting on my ensourced paracord delivery - shouldn't be long - congrats on a sweet rig

Rich Sennett

All of the cable sleeving supplies are from MainFrameCustoms, same place you're getting your cables from. I'm using the Telios sleeving, as opposed to the paracord. I decided to go with a heatshrink-less design and its easier to do with the Telios than the paracord. The 24 pin cable took about 8-10 hours to make from start to finish and its about 30 inches long.

Here's an upclose photo of the 24 pin whie I was sewing it together:

SEnGymm.jpg

Nick Preston

All of the cable sleeving supplies are from MainFrameCustoms, same place you're getting your cables from. I'm using the Telios sleeving, as opposed to the paracord. I decided to go with a heatshrink-less design and its easier to do with the Telios than the paracord. The 24 pin cable took about 8-10 hours to make from start to finish and its about 30 inches long.

Lutro0 Customs is now Mainframe Customs - Ensourced has always been Ensourced - I was going to use Mainframe but after going back and forth never panned out - I find paracord presents better not a big fan of plastic - still They look great Nick - congrats 

I will post some more pics of progress soon - had some more progress today - pretty much time to pull my motherboard out and start prep on that - waiting till last minute

Rich Sennett