Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

FSDT KLAS Trial mode -- uninstaller freezes?

I decided to try out FSDreamTeam's KLAS scenery.  After a bit of testing, I found some incompatibility with my other scenery, so decided to uninstall it.

I opened the Control Panel->Uninstall a program, and got the predicted program list.  Picked out the FSDT KLAS, selected "uninstall," and...nothing.  No uninstaller dialog, no sign that anything was happening.  After waiting about ten minutes, I tried selecting "uninstall" again, and got an error dialog saying that I had to wait for the previous program to uninstall.  Waited another ten to fifteen minutes -- still nothing.  Looking at the task manager, it indicates that there is an "unins005.exe" in the list, but it's not taking up any processor time, and the amount of memory allocated to it is unchanging.  I try terminating the process -- it automatically regenerates itself, still with no activity.  Shut down the computer and try again -- same result.  Shut it down and try Revo Uninstaller -- it progresses to the point where it triggers the built-in uninstaller and, you guessed it, goes into infinite-pause mode once again.

Is there ANY way to get rid of this product?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

here a good place  to get your answer

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/index.html

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Not sure it would be that receptive to my question, since I would be asking about a trial version of one of their products that I decided not to buy... :P

As it turns out, the question was irrelevant.  After I abandoned my futile Revo Uninstaller attempt and rebooted, I started getting a BSOD every time I started Windows. :sad:  Finally wound up having to run the windows system repair utility, which brought up system restore, at which point I opted to revert to a restore point from before I installed KLAS.  That done, my system started working normally.  I can only conclude that something in that KLAS install really hosed my system!  I can also conclude that I won't be buying any FSDT airports unless I've already decided I really want that particular one, since I no longer feel confident that I'd be able to uninstall something after a trial.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

that's   was my point, by posting  your issue at  the fsdt  forum  the dev  would  have  found  the solution to your issue,  which he  usually he  does  if  he  cant post the issue  he  will do a team  viewer  where  he will  do a  one on one help.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg