Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Need Help Telling Fscaptain Mooney Acclaim is not Cargo only

Uggghhh!! FsCaptain used to be so simple, now you update to version 1.7xxx you have to start nerfing with all sorts of options that are making simple program too complex and buggy.

Anyway trying to get this thing to give me flight for default p3d mooney acclaim and no matter how much I check PAX AND cargo in the ac config file for fscaptain, it refuses to see the plain as allowing pax flight. Justallows cargo only for this plane. Despite me changing options for the ac config to match plane it sees as allowing pax.

So anybody with tips to solve this.

Long term user of fscaptain here, been away a while, but back to a program that's got more complex and not managed it well, facing one hurdle after another all surrounding new options added to make a simple program more unreliably complex

cheers

yes been having a few issues with it since it got updated..

I preferred a simpler program,now with all the new options it has got quite complicated to manage.

I see no reason that you or i can't go back to an older version.something that i might do.

the FScaptain guys are very helpful though and would sort out your problems asap.

here's a link if you need it...

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/

I'm sort of bluffing my way through as the issues come up ,but might go back to a simpler version if i can find one.

steve

thanks for feed, Finally resolved the issue after far too long  by hacking to change the name of the aircraft. For some reason Mooney m2OT is always cargo so I added a G on the end to make M20tG. fixed that problem.

Now stuck at gate trying to figure out how to do something I done 100000 times before with this program easily, which  HOW DO I SLEECT THE FLIGHT I SETUP IN ADMIN.

Cause the fing program keeps bringing up another random flight, and only gives me options to accept the random flight. Any option as long as you accept. Meanwhile the flight I setup is listed as other, and no way to choose that.

Thiese guys broke the program.

FsPassenger coming back December, developer has promised a relsease. 

Turns out there are tons of posts folks having strange  issue with Fscaptain like I do.

Plan a flight with fscaptain Admin

In p3d use fcdu to login and there is no way to accept the flight you setup in Admin

Lots of posts about atc_mode name needs to be right, etc, but I call it bad design .

The way fscap  handles recognising your plan is too hit and abd in my case a very big miss.

Hi Simmer2050 (and Steve),

as Steve said above, the best way to get help is to visit the FSCaptain forum. As for your problem with not getting the flight that you committed to in the Administrator, I would guess you created that flight before you changed the configuration of your Mooney. FSCaptain then thinks that you turned up at the right airport but in the wrong plane and therefore offers you other flights. I would expect that you have to create this flight again in the Administrator.

One thought about why you were only offered cargo: could it be that your airline is a cargo only company?

There are many new features in 1.7.x indeed (de-icing, customs, ...), so life got indeed more complicated if you want to take advantage of these features. However, you can disable all new features and just use the program as before.

Best,

Peter

Anybody can get default Mooney Acclaim in P3d to work with this ps let me know.

Currently I have to change its default atc_model name from M20TS to M20TSG in order to get fscaptain to allow pax flights on the ac.

Next stop FCDU will not allow me to use flights prepared in Admin, simply offers other flights, but no accept button on the one I setup.

Ps its a nice plane worth getting working with fscaptain, if you can sort it, let me know.

spent enough time investigating today.  Anybody that can produce addon easier to use than what  Fscaptain has become has my wallet.  Current design is too demanding on the user side of labour.

Simmer2050,

Sorry for your frustration. FSCaptain has not shipped with aircraft configuration and load map files for the Mooney, so I had to go through the process of having the FCDU auto-generate them, and then I had to customize them for the style of flying you are wanting. In about 10 minutes I was able to have everything configured and I dispatched and flew a 3 PAX test flight, followed by a light cargo flight in the same aircraft. (KMER - KMOD and back again.)

I did not have to edit the Mooney's aircraft.cfg file to change the atc_model - I left it as is.

If you would email us your Admin and FCDU log files for your attempts, we will work out what the problems are that you're having.

Otherwise if you would restore the atc_model value in the aircraft.cfg file, I've uploaded the FSCaptain aircraft configuration (http://fscaptain.net/atm/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=M20TS.cfg&directory=Aircraft%20Configurations&) and load map (http://fscaptain.net/atm/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=Mooney_Acclaim.cfg&directory=Aircraft%20Load%20Maps&) files to our file sharing area. (I'm not able to attach them to this post.)

FSCaptain has grown in the past year, but the core elements in this area - aircraft configuration and load mapping has been fairly unchanged for over four years. We have added new values to track, but like all other configuration elements it's usually a case of set it and forget it.

If you have any specific items to discuss, we're always welcome to engage.

One other thing - if you can let us know what was the version of FSCaptain which you last used, we could write up a "what's changed since then" file.

Regards,

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

Thanks Travis, had to post here as well for maximum help attention. Also posted on Fscap forum.

Will try out the models suggested, I always backup, so revert to default mooney acclaim try your config feedback

my p3dv3 setup not complete wihout fscap, so am sure you understand the urgency

:smile:

cheers

Ok tried those files travis, getting same result as did.

Basically the auto generated config files wount work for mooney acclaim.

only sees the plane with 3 pax seats as cargo, so will not ley me create pax flight.

please let me know support email to send my log files to 

ok fixed this after a long painfull effort that nearly matched p3d installation.

lost my previous post so can only summarise

in short setting up Mooney Acclaim, I had to get past fair few fscaptain bugs.

1. Does not delete fcdu properly from panel.cfg, when reinstalled you could have multiple definition for fcdu window in panel.cfg

2. Sometimes Does not properly install fcdu to panel.cfg, uses existing gauge number for other stuff for fcdu, this is only noticed in sim where fcdu says cant connect to link

3. in Admin marking my aircraft as allowing pax and cargo only means fscap allows me cargo flights only, had to go inside load map to set both pax and cargo for pax flight to be allowed.

As I was making my way with much difficulty through these bugs wondering how much airhauler is, the mountain of new options in fscap did their best to o get in the way of fixing bugs and setting up.

Imagine loading the sim to test if fcdu is working ok, only for it to start saying, no customs at destination airport, destination is military field, or ect etc etc etc . Can I suggest all these new options be disabled by default, cause user has so many bugs to get through to setup that the new options get in the way COMPLELTY. Basically had to make repeated trips to options config file to disbable stuff, but I had to google to find out what to disable.

Fscaptain is not stable enough for the ton of complexity being added to it

My first really bad experience with fscaptain, the honey moon is over.

looking out for Fspassenger new release and investigating Air Hauler, fscap was always a bit buggy  but now its too complex and buggy.

You are right in pointing that new releases with lots of features tend to stir up bugs, and this is especially true with a product that's been continually enhanced now for six years.

Even though this last release, 1.7, went through more beta iterations that any previous release, with as many captains as we have flying the product with so many add-ons, and under so many different software environments, things pop up.

Our strategy to deal with this is to stop adding new features after a major release until things settle and we identify and fix most of the bugs.  We're looking at 1.7.2 beta now.  One thing we need to be sure of is that the configuration files keep up with the new features.

We hate it when people get frustrated, as they sometimes do.  It's certainly not intentional, we are doing our best.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

I moved from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 in the hope it will fix my issue, but not.

finally fixed it in 1.7.2, so am a beta tester now.

Thanks for the update and consideration to disable options that could make setup difficult.

I have to mention that even though fscap can be buggy, the manuals are excellent and easy to read. Used fscap for years but never read zero about load maps cause I was lucky using popular addons with existing load map.

But the main bug here is, the ac config came up with pax and cargo selected by default, which means I should have been able to get pax flight, but not so till I ticked pax and cargo in the load map also. In that respect the manual saved the day, cause I had to educate myself on load maps.

cheers Dutch, am a changed man now everything is working, and I reserve the right to change again if my fscap breaks.

Until then I am beta testing 1.7.2 great product no competition, but I must let you know the effort put into making fscap manuals  easy read saved the day here.

Glad things are looking better.   This is a hobby that requires some patience sometimes.  I can't say how many times FSX itself has had me ready to toss my CPU out the window.  Also a few add-ons, but with persistence, all usually comes right.

Philosophically it's understandable.  We're dealing wit ha complex software environment with thousands of options in the simulator itself, then add to that many add-ons, all trying to simulate a very complex thing: modern aviation.

Sometimes I'm amazed it works as well as it does.

One thing I do is try and keep changes to my own set-up minimal and make them one at a time.  But even then...things fall over sometimes.

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.