Sign in to follow this  
RatRace

The end ?

Yes, but while waiting we still got Flight! to kill the waiting. :wink:

-eelis-

And in the meantime, don't forget we have X-Plane 10 also to keep us busy.

Well it's great news that Dovetail will release their take on flight simulation in 2016. I'm between X-Plane 10 and MS Flight (oh and GTA 5!), so hopefully time won't drag pre-release. A multiplayer flight in Flight would be nice - how practical is that to facilitate? Does multiplayer still work?

Er..just came across this thread over at SOH....do you think this is allowed?

Serious violation of Microsoft's Terms and EULA...

It appears that the Icon A5 is using the same textures as the MS Flight model.. :Shame On You:

Er..just came across this thread over at SOH....do you think this is allowed?

Serious violation of Microsoft's Terms and EULA...

It appears that the Icon A5 is using the same textures as the MS Flight model.. :Shame On You:

Apparently SOH blew their hard disk or something, so I couldn't read the thread until now.

I wouldn't say "appears", as falcon409 clearly states that "...he started working this up over a year ago and I believe that the things you found were things he was unable to correct. The reasons for that are his to relate, but as it is the aircraft from MSFlight there were some limitations in what he was able to accomplish."

Without permission this certainly looks like a no-no to me.

Do you guys really think MS gives a damn about anything to do with MS Flight anymore. Short of someone reselling an unlicensed copy or core code of MS Flight, I don't think MS lawyers would even bat an eye at it.

Moe

It really is feeling like "the end", at least for this forum. 

I still fly Flight quite often, and enjoy landing at new airports, exploring and finding surprising content.  I am thankful to all the developers who continued to make improvements long after MS dumped it. From what I can see, it seems as if development activity has dwindled and maybe even stopped.  Perhaps this is in anticipation of the Dovetail project. 

Thanks again guys!  Keep flying. -Tom    

I am thankful to all the developers who continued to make improvements long after MS dumped it. From what I can see, it seems as if development activity has dwindled and maybe even stopped.  Perhaps this is in anticipation of the Dovetail project. 

Thanks again guys!  Keep flying. -Tom    

Believe it or not, the development is still continuing. Steve has made a bunch of improvements to the aircraft conversion to imitate the quality of the original DLC aircraft from an FSX aircraft. Versions of the toolkit have not yet been made public since the bugs and fixes are still rolling!

Can't believe that its been 4 years since Flight was released and how this little community has survived long after its discontinuation.