Sign in to follow this  
jrs182p

No airports in database?

Hello,

I have the latest airac installed from navigraph which shows up fine in the FMC on the first page, but when I type in any ICAO on the pos init page it says 'not in database'. Ive tried various icao codes including EGLL and it still says not in database.

Whats confusing is that I'm using the pmdg 737 and the fmc works fine with the installed navdata. I thought both aircraft read the navdata from the navdata folder within the PMDG folder. I'm confused!

Any help would be appreciated :)

I've just tried reinstalling the T7 but no change and I just pulled this from the logfile

Initializing systems:01 02 Init AIRAC Navaids: 17375 itemsInit AIRAC Fixes: 246854 itemsCannot process combined airport/runway database fileInit displayed fixesInit suitable airportsInit preferred altn airports

Hello,

I have the latest airac installed from navigraph which shows up fine in the FMC on the first page, but when I type in any ICAO on the pos init page it says 'not in database'. Ive tried various icao codes including EGLL and it still says not in database.

Whats confusing is that I'm using the pmdg 737 and the fmc works fine with the installed navdata. I thought both aircraft read the navdata from the navdata folder within the PMDG folder. I'm confused!

Any help would be appreciated :)

I've just tried reinstalling the T7 but no change and I just pulled this from the logfile

Reinstalling rarely - if ever - fixes things. The first thing you should do is reach out here, or via our official support system (linked in my signature).

In your case, all you needed to do was delete the Runways.DAT file in the PMDG > NAVDATA folder. It will rebuild on the next sim launch.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your reply Kyle.

Agree'd but I was clutching at straws to get it working again!.

I've had a look in the PMDG/NAVDATA folder and there doesn't appear to be a Runways.DAT file.

I have airports.dat and ARPT_RWY.dat and a few .txt files.

Thanks for your reply Kyle.

Agree'd but I was clutching at straws to get it working again!.

I've had a look in the PMDG/NAVDATA folder and there doesn't appear to be a Runways.DAT file.

I have airports.dat and ARPT_RWY.dat and a few .txt files.

Hi, Joe,

Please see this thread.  It's the same issue (file and file location are the same for FSX & P3D):

http://www.avsim.com/topic/478946-zspd-runways/

Reinstalling rarely - if ever - fixes things. The first thing you should do is reach out here, or via our official support system (linked in my signature).

In your case, all you needed to do was delete the Runways.DAT file in the PMDG > NAVDATA folder. It will rebuild on the next sim launch,

Kyle, can we get a sticky posted on this? 

Thanks,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Ah thanks very much Mike, I just deleted that file and all seems to be working perfectly again :)

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Joe

Ah thanks very much Mike, I just deleted that file and all seems to be working perfectly again :)

Hi, Joe,

Glad to help!  The ARPT_RNWY.dat file is only used by the 777.  That's why the NGX isn't affected even though they share the same nav data.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 8/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, Not_A_Pro said:

I tried this out and I am still getting the same error.

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here! For future reference, PMDG require full names in posts, first and last. 

Have you submitted a ticket? Deleting the runways.DAT file didn't fix it for you?

On 8/21/2017 at 7:15 PM, Not_A_Pro said:

I tried this out and I am still getting the same error.

Hi, Not_a_Pro,

Exactly what error are you getting, and at which airport(s), which  aircraft and which sim?  The file you want to delete is ARPT_RNWY.dat.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On 8/22/2017 at 7:35 PM, Milton Waddams said:

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here! For future reference, PMDG require full names in posts, first and last. 

Have you submitted a ticket? Deleting the runways.DAT file didn't fix it for you?

On 8/22/2017 at 8:55 PM, Mike777 said:

Hi, Not_a_Pro,

Exactly what error are you getting, and at which airport(s), which  aircraft and which sim?  The file you want to delete is ARPT_RNWY.dat.

Mike

I tried it I also bought Navigraph I reinstalled FSX:SE and now it works.