Sign in to follow this  
Deevilius

Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100 in P3D

Hi, does anyone have experience with the DA Fokker 70/100 in P3D(v3)?

I bought it yesterday at flight1, thought it would be worth the try.

i can load it in the sim, but its stuttering every few seconds, with cracking sound, and i had a OOM after 10 min of flying, never had a OOM with PMDG etc. before.

So maybe it's just too old, but if anyone has a tip it would be appreciated. 

Cheers,

Martin Hübner

Same here! I wish SO MUCH to have this plane working, but it seems to be related with Windows 10.

What a shame to lose such great product

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Not sure.. did they ever release the Virtual Cockpit for this aircraft?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Nah, which is a real shame, it was a really great aircraft to fly.

Same problem as LVD 767, stuttering because of a dll in win8 and win10 :( 

regards

Michael Franz

So much money to be made here from old projects crying for an update... Yet we have 2x 747, 2x 737, 2x A320... And now even 3x Innsbruck.

Tsk.

• Upvote 4

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

So much money to be made here from old projects crying for an update... Yet we have 2x 747, 2x 737, 2x A320... And now even 3x Innsbruck.

Tsk.

+1

Luckily I got the DA Piper Cheyenne and Do-27 working in P3D 3.35. Nobody at Aerosoft (or DA) has ever bothered to update these two lovely planes

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

The Cheyenne is a work of art. Never used the Do-27.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The only thing stopping the DA Fokker from working in Windows 8 and Windows 10 is the license checking dll.  I've raised this at the Flight1 website, and they say they're fixing it for the 767, but no word on the Fokker.

Here's the post I wrote on the Level-D Board on the 10th of August;

The code in the Level-D 767 dll and gauge has a Digital Rights Management check in it (in the leveld.dll library, the function is called CheckKey).  This check appears to trigger an uncontained explosion of queries across your computer for a split second, which creates the stutter.  The license check occurs at regular intervals, so the explosion occurs at regular intervals, causing the stutter.

There is no way for you or me to fix this without the c++ code for the gauge and dll.  If we had the code, we could remove the DRM check, or patch the function.

Well, that's not totally true. There is a way to fix it... you can edit the assembly code using a hex editor, and the segments where the license checks happen are readily identifiable.  But that's frowned upon and terribly tedious, and likely to break more than it fixes, and well, against the terms of your license. Sometimes this is kind of ok - for instance many of us did it (often without realising) when we used software that changed the AI taxispeed in FS9 and FSX.  But removing DRM stuff is a lot more sensitive.  It is, in other words, 'cracking' the software to make it work in today's version of Windows.

This is why it's so terribly frustrating.  I am a license owner.  The DRM that is meant to stop pirates from using the software is instead stopping me from using the software.  Meanwhile, those out there who are using any pirated version where the CheckKey calls have been successful removed and other license features disabled are no doubt obliviously enjoying the sim (while also being oblivious to the viruses and malware the evil hackers added into the code! smiley36.gif)

What makes it even more frustrating is that it really shouldn't be a big job to fix this.  Maybe a couple of days for a coder new to the code to work it out.  Maybe only a few hours to actually just delete the call and recompile the gauges and dlls without the DRM if you don't feel like you need to protect the software anymore. That's why I keep saying send me the code and I'll do it, but my big grin smiley4.gif is because I doubt it'll happen.  That's because people tend to be oddly protective and risk averse about this sort of stuff, like they might still make a fortune out of it or something if they just put their mind to it next week, or the week after.  Or maybe next month.

This DRM problem is the same for the DA Fokker, but in that case, the DRM library is the digichk4.dll in the main directory of FSX.  That the function call has exactly the same name ("CheckKey") is probably not a coincidence.

• Upvote 2

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

The only thing stopping the DA Fokker from working in Windows 8 and Windows 10 is the license checking dll.  I've raised this at the Flight1 website, and they say they're fixing it for the 767, but no word on the Fokker.

Wow, it appears to be so easy, maybe not everything is lost.

God, I wish so much this addon for a special reason, I'm even thinking about formatting everything, and go BACK to windows 7 just to have it. 

If someone could at least talk to the developers ...

Thanks Bryn

• Upvote 1

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Thank you, Bryn. You gave me new idea which I've tried. I googled about DRM you were talking about. And it looks like people are complaining in many places that they cannot play old games because MS has removed safedisc driver from their build. And it looks like it is possible to bring it back. All you need to do is download secdrv.sys, sign it so that Windows10 kernel won't reject it to load, switch off UAC, restart and that's it. Although some guides in internet mention that you have to set your OS in so called TEST mode which has been made for testing new self-signed drivers etc. But it looks like it works for me without setting that.

I've been able to set FS9 running with DA Fokker on apron for 40 minutes now. It freezed a couple of times for me. I've noticed it at 15min and 40 min from the start of the flight. But I have to admit, I was not always near PC to be confident that it happened only 2 times. After about 30-60 seconds sim resumes to work normally. Before applying that solution the whole sim would become totally unresponsive after 1-5 minutes. Now it's much better. I hope MS would provide some day official workaround for those who want to play games with this silly DRM protection.

FYI, I've found this article useful: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/windows-10-safedisc-securom-drm/

I'd be happy if anyone who has read and tried would share his results and new findings here.

Hi, does anyone have experience with the DA Fokker 70/100 in P3D(v3)?

I bought it yesterday at flight1, thought it would be worth the try.

i can load it in the sim, but its stuttering every few seconds, with cracking sound, and i had a OOM after 10 min of flying, never had a OOM with PMDG etc. before.

So maybe it's just too old, but if anyone has a tip it would be appreciated. 

Out of curiosity, disable the sound in P3D and see if it works. The cracking sound and stuttering is curious. It's a shot in the dark.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

Not sure.. did they ever release the Virtual Cockpit for this aircraft?

Unfortunately not.

Thank you, Bryn. You gave me new idea which I've tried. I googled about DRM you were talking about. And it looks like people are complaining in many places that they cannot play old games because MS has removed safedisc driver from their build. And it looks like it is possible to bring it back. All you need to do is download secdrv.sys, sign it so that Windows10 kernel won't reject it to load, switch off UAC, restart and that's it. Although some guides in internet mention that you have to set your OS in so called TEST mode which has been made for testing new self-signed drivers etc. But it looks like it works for me without setting that.

I've been able to set FS9 running with DA Fokker on apron for 40 minutes now. It freezed a couple of times for me. I've noticed it at 15min and 40 min from the start of the flight. But I have to admit, I was not always near PC to be confident that it happened only 2 times. After about 30-60 seconds sim resumes to work normally. Before applying that solution the whole sim would become totally unresponsive after 1-5 minutes. Now it's much better. I hope MS would provide some day official workaround for those who want to play games with this silly DRM protection.

FYI, I've found this article useful: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/windows-10-safedisc-securom-drm/

I'd be happy if anyone who has read and tried would share his results and new findings here.

Update: I've found out that rare freezes happen when there is Windows Error Reporting service is doing something. It looks like some exceptions are still thrown by sim. So I've disabled WER for FS9.exe process by adding the following to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\ExcludedApplications]
"FS9.exe"=dword:00000001

Sim is working fine for 1h 40 min so far

P.S. All this is relevant to FS2004 version. UNfortunately I don't have FSX or P3D to test this approach on.

Hey,

so what's the final word about Fokker in P3D/win10?

Isn't digital aviation working on CRJ with aerosoft? Did they comment or give a sign that they are going to do something about it?