Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Save Eric Lunston!

Mods,Respectfully, I must disagree with your decision to ban Eric Lunston from the forum system. While I agree with locking the thread (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=121&topic_id=206094&mode=full), which I found to be an enjoyable and humourous parody of several recent threads, I think banning Eric for that is excessive, and I ask that you reconsider that decision.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Kurt

I agree with you. I also found the post humorous.Kurt M

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Ditto. The original posting was satire; not malicious.

I agree Scott. I really doubt that the intent of Eric's post was to provoke anyone. We sometimes need a bit of levity around here. How 'bout it Tom? Let the guy back in.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I suspect that the banning might be the culmination of other events, but the thread doesn't reflect that...can we get some more info?Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Save Eric: bring your spades and buckets now. Banning him from the system is way over the top, surely, fellas? Daily, I wade through nasty flames in what should be useful threads, where people are unable to keep a civil virtual tongue, and I don't see them banned. All Eric has done , whoever he is, is to make an attempt at humour here. You'd have to be having a particularly bad day to see it otherwise.Uh oh. That'll be me gone now then.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest vertical

Jes*s... you gotta make a livin somehow.

Guest vertical

Very good suggestion !!!!!If even the irony of the FSMUD-post (which I enjoyed very much) isn't allowed, where is this forum heading to ???Or is there another reason for banning him (which was NOT explained) ?It would seem more appropriate to lock/delete all these silly FS Water type-of-posts instead.Which was probably the the reason for Eric's parody.Rob Barendregt

Guest Thac0

That was a funny thread. I laughed. I don't think it was ban worthy and I don't think going to other sections of this forum and telling everyone he got banned was particularly classy. If he has a history, then ban him for what he did then. Not for a humorous thread that wasn't hurting anyone.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Personally, I totally agree with the banning. Not only was the post both pointless and weak in the humor dept., but it was also pretty obviously intended to start a fire.

I don't agree with the decison banning him either. He posted a humerous view of his opinion--I was laughing aloud as I read it. I didn't think it a basis for getting him banned and moreover the moderators made a public spectacle of it vs. just deleting the thread. There are members here who get away with far worse than Eric's thread on a regular basis. This is one of the few times I feel like speaking out vs. a decision made by the mods. If there is something deeper, I respect that and can understand why the mods did what they did--but publishing it to the entire community was bad form...Just my 2 cents...-John

Guest vertical

I think its a good idea. People would buy it.