Sign in to follow this  
jonny

Reverse throttle in P3dv2.

Hi,

I am trying to get reverse throttle at my CH Throttle Quadrant for the default aircraft Beech King Air 350 but it fails all the time. I follow the: Configuring FSUIPC with CH USB Yoke ... ... .. by John Cook but it fails all the time. Reverse will not works otherwise the throttle works OK.

What am I doing wrong??

Is there any flightsimmer who has done this settings and with luck?
If so will you present part of your FSUIPC4.ini file!

Hi,

I am trying to get reverse throttle at my CH Throttle Quadrant for the default aircraft Beech King Air 350 but it fails all the time. I follow the: Configuring FSUIPC with CH USB Yoke ... ... .. by John Cook but it fails all the time. Reverse will not works otherwise the throttle works OK.

What am I doing wrong??

Is there any flightsimmer who has done this settings and with luck?

If so will you present part of your FSUIPC4.ini file!

So are you just using a button or a zone of the throttle?

What FSUICP function/key are you trying to assigning to it?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I am using zone of the throttle lever at the throttle quadrant. Trying to use the FSUIPC Joystick Calibration page and page 3 of 11: separate throttles per engine, and set Reverse - Idle (2 values) - Max values. Reverse engine doesn't works.

I have it to works by not use of the Idle settings in Joystick calibration and set up a range for action at the page Axis Assignment. At the very back position of the lever I sent control Throttle1dec when range is entered and send Throttle1Cut when exited range. It works in my Learjet45 in FSX.

It seems very hard to get the throttle lever to handle reverse engine by use of Idle values at the page Joystick Calibration only. Mybe it depends on the aircraft?

Jonny, and I am at the office currently so I am going off memory here, The way I did my Warthog Throttle in FSUIPC was;

1. Select Axis Tab

2. Move the Throttle Lever you intend to use to register its Axis

3. Select the Button for Send as Calibration

4. Select Throttle 1 from Drop-List

5. Change to Calibration Tab

6. Scroll through Tabs to the Throttle Tab with four throttles showing

7. Move your Controller throttle and it should register under Throttle 1

8. Set Max first Click SET Button

9. Set Min Click SET Button

10. Move the throttle slightly forward (it may take several attempts to get it how you like) Click the Middle SET Button

11. Click the check-boxes on the other three Throttles for use same as throttle one

12. Click OK and give it a go.

Again you may need to make several attempts at the travel distance for the reverse to suit your needs but it does work. I also made it as a Twin-Turbo profile so afterwards any aircraft, including jets I just select that profile and the reverser works fine. I hope you get it going and it works wonders for the Turbine Duke. I could probably land that girl on a carrier...   :wink:

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

I'm not an expert in this but here is how I have set my throttle and reverser up using fsuipc.

I first set my reverse to a button using FSUIPC BUTTONS TAB. I'm using a Saitek Throttle. 

Then i set my throttle to an axis via FSUIPC AXIS TAB

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=80F32F99F580E37E!2782&authkey=!AOSLsDm_3jIagzU&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=80F32F99F580E37E!2781&authkey=!AGPxf5w20U-Amrg&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=80F32F99F580E37E!2783&authkey=!AEZO0OYf4gcbVTI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

40282618105572517s.jpg

Using the Calibration method I mentioned you do not need a button as the controller thinks Zero is at the position set by the mid reading and anything below brings the throttle further down and thus into the reverser position of the simulator.. But, obviously one can set a button if they choose to do so I just need all of my buttons for other options.. ;-)

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Using the Calibration method I mentioned you do not need a button as the controller thinks Zero is at the position set by the mid reading and anything below brings the throttle further down and thus into the reverser position of the simulator.. But, obviously one can set a button if they choose to do so I just need all of my buttons for other options.. ;-)

The method you describe is the same as John Cook's and I have done exactly as descibes but reverse engine does not works. I am using P3Dv2 and KingAir 350. Are you using P3Dv2?

I'm not an expert in this but here is how I have set my throttle and reverser up using fsuipc.

I first set my reverse to a button using FSUIPC BUTTONS TAB. I'm using a Saitek Throttle. 

Then i set my throttle to an axis via FSUIPC AXIS TAB

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=80F32F99F580E37E!2782&authkey=!AOSLsDm_3jIagzU&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=80F32F99F580E37E!2781&authkey=!AGPxf5w20U-Amrg&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=80F32F99F580E37E!2783&authkey=!AEZO0OYf4gcbVTI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

I have done the settings as you have and it works OK with King Air 350 in P3Dv2. But the way 'Pivot' and John Cook describe don't work for me in P3D!

I actually use the same process for V2 & V3 though I have a Thrustmaster Warthog controller and not a CH Throttle Quad, there may be something about that system. See if the settings hold when you click the Set buttons. You may also want to  give the Mid Travel a little more distance just to see if you can get any movement from the Idle detent.

Regards,

Pivot

I use the CH throttle quad and V3 and set it up according to this:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjcqNmr68DJAhXBSCYKHeUXC6gQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fsrijnmond.nl%2FPDF%2520bestanden%2FFSUIPC%25204.45%2520EN%2520%2BTUTORIAL.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHybE3ZWLPs-NwSn1-YKtBvABh3sg&sig2=_opK0qwM8aIOyCcmts0lfg

or just search for Sim Samurai FSUIPC tutorial

Reverse works just fine in all a/c that have reverse.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I think it is something wrong with lever 1 and 2 at my CH throttle quadrant. When I use lever 5 and 6 as throttles it works OK. Lever 1 and 2 is used a lot more than lever 5 and 6. I have to find spare pots for lever 1 and 2!

Thank's for all help!

Using FSUIPC you can easily see if the throttle lever is working properly. You should get a smooth increase/decrease throughout the entire range. Compare 1& 2 to 5&6 and see if there's a difference.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors