Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

How to rid ground blurries

Hi all, I have this really annoying problem that I can't for the life of me get my ground textures to sharpen up in p3dv3, I have fsx dx10 running which is super sharp and crisp solid 30fps ftx global, vector, open LC, ftx mesh 2010, Rex4, asn and a few regions in both but p3dv3 ground textures are horribly blurry, running NVi on both sims, fsx with 8xcass and 4sgaa in p3d running 8msa and 8sgaa, followed the p3d setup guide, spent weeks with p3d in sim settings but no change, for me at the moment fsx is the much better sim, I'm now not sure what to do, give up on p3d? Running win10 64bit, 32gb ram, gtx970m, tried various AF, FFTF settings, is it me or p3d?

Cheers Rod.

Hi all, I have this really annoying problem that I can't for the life of me get my ground textures to sharpen up in p3dv3, I have fsx dx10 running which is super sharp and crisp solid 30fps ftx global, vector, open LC, ftx mesh 2010, Rex4, asn and a few regions in both but p3dv3 ground textures are horribly blurry, running NVi on both sims, fsx with 8xcass and 4sgaa in p3d running 8msa and 8sgaa, followed the p3d setup guide, spent weeks with p3d in sim settings but no change, for me at the moment fsx is the much better sim, I'm now not sure what to do, give up on p3d? Running win10 64bit, 32gb ram, gtx970m, tried various AF, FFTF settings, is it me or p3d?

Cheers Rod.

Make sure you don't have affinity mask in your cfg. If you do, delete it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Any other addons running? Is this REALLY blurry or just a bit "hazy"? If you pause the sim and wait, do they clear up?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Get rid of the 8x sparse grid AA. Best thing to do is turn off AA completely and then play with the sim features to get a good result. Finally setting AA, avoid 8x TSGSSAA will bring it to a standstill.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

If you can turn on HT then please turn it on and use affinity mask to make sure that all the process are used.

Try that.. That cured my blurries

I have 4 cores with HT.. and my Affinity mask is (11111101) 

AffinityMask=253

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for the suggestions guy's, removed AF setting, tried AF=253 (no difference with AF or no AF) got rid of all AA and played with in sim AA, if I pause the sim no they don't clear up, VgBaron, well I suppose it's sort of blurry but I guess hazy might be a good word for it, if I zoom out somewhat it does get a little better, it's just bugging me as to why P3dV3 is like this and my fsx ground textures are just so crisp and clear even at 39000ft and P3DV3 is not, as for fps I get a solid 30 in P3DV3 with what ever change I make, other addons are GSX, Fs2crew, NGX, My Traffic 6 and RC4, I surely want to get excited about P3DV3 but I'm not sure which way to turn or is it just the way it is?

Regards Rod.

Rod - try turning Volumetric Fog on and then off and see if that makes a difference.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic, yeh I tried that without any change at all, well I don't know what else I could do as no change of any setting makes a difference. (slow texture loading, blurry ground textures).

Regards Rod.

Why are you editing the cfg. file? Delete it, let it rebuild itself and leave it alone. NI shouldn't need to be used either.

If you can, please post screenshots of your in-game settings. That'll give us an idea of what you might need to turn up or down to best suit your system.

LOD Radius?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here's a quick pic of what I mean with an unedited cfg file, any AF or FFTF tweak make no difference at all, I'm getting a solid 30fps, notice blurry ground textures.2015-12-3_16-13-41-297.jpg

Turn off tessellation or put it on low, unlock your fps, then max out mesh resolution. Are you sure you installed and activated FTX Global? Those don't look like their textures.

Well I'm pretty sure Global is active Philip, it's actually Aus region SP4 climbing out of Melbourne, tried tessellation off no change, will certainly recheck that Orbx is active.

Cheers Rod.