Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

P3d 3.1 before year end

4.x coming according to Rob! 

Sorry, i'm just a little bored.

Actually I think the suggestion of 4.x in the long term plan was obtain via a tiny text segment from an LM post on their public forum many many months ago ... or maybe it was from another interview source, don't recall.  Either way, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a 4.x given LM P3D dev team growth and history of continued updates.  But I'm NOT confirming or denying the existence of 4.x ... just have to wait and see.

Just to get things back on track here: Orbx has released a new installer with P3Dv3 support for KSTS Sonoma County...

Carlo, back on track would NOT be a discussion of Orbx ... it would be a discussion of "v3.1 before year end" per OP and speculation of what will be in V3.1 and how it will impact existing installs.

I can't comment on V3.1 ... but heck, you all only have a few weeks to wait and you'll find out.

Cheers, Rob. 

I think it should be reasonably obvious that resolving controller issues will be a key feature of the 3.1 update. I can fly in P3D v3, but my joystick still has a significant left bias, and it seems that plenty of other users have controller problems.

I agree 100%.  Have not been able to fly 3.0 because of the controller problems.  How did this get out of beta with all the problems?

" How did this get out of beta with all the problems?"

My setup has 4 different controllers for X and Y ( not used all at once) Leo Bodner, Logiteck pro extreme, saitek Yoke , Thrustmaster Hotas, on Win 7 and 10, p3d since V1 to V3 , never had a problem...

Jorge

I can't comment on V3.1 ... but heck, you all only have a few weeks to wait and you'll find out.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

forgive us we´re just kids pretending to be grown ups ;)

Speaking of controller probs, never had them in v2.x nor did i have ´em in v3. Am using FSUIPC+LINDA for all my controllers (GA flying: Saitek Cessna yoke + throttle quadrant, fighter jet ops: TM Warthog HOTAS system, Heli ops: Komodo Sim cyclic+collektive+pedals).

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Just an opinion...

I bought P3D early on;  version 1.x.  $200 for Pro and it was completely unusable.  CTDs, OS lockups  ...and all with a stock install.  2.x was only slightly better, but FSX (even with a shovel load of add-ons) was solid as a rock in comparison.  To date, I had only spent time in P3D trying to get things to work.  Maybe an hour of frustrating flight time and dozens trying to get off the ground.

I then hear of version 3.  But wait, that will be another $200.  I hemmed and hawed, but heard good things about v3.  In the end, I gave in.  So far, I have actually made it into the air with v3 and enjoy what I see.  It's a whole new world.  It is so fluid, I can actually get a bit dizzy gazing at the 48" display.  That never happened in FSX.  I've installed three addon aircraft and that's it.  It flies beautifully.  I tried going back to FSX, but the immersion was gone.  It was no longer a fluid world.  True, P3D was stock scenery (which looked great), but I also had FSX:SE with stock scenery.  P3D v3 wins.  The fluid flights in P3D sealed the deal.

The entire reason for v3.1 is because LM found and (hoping, hoping) fixed some problems.  A few very annoying warts with controllers, but let's see what 3.1 holds.  There is only one area that FSX beats P3D and that's water.  P3D photos of water just aren't right  ...yet.

All-in-all, I think LM did incredible work bringing our ancient beloved FS engine back to life.  FSX, as amazing as it is/was, can only hold up so long.  I'm hopeful that LM will take care of the controller/input and 3rd party hardware issues first.  If we get that part stabilized in 3.1, I'll be happy until the next update.  Overall, great job LM.

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

Just an FYI.  I am not wanting to be a Negative Nellie.  I just wish there was an easier pathway to upgrades.

You are not a negative Nellie, if you are it is against the developers as LM is doing everything to make that possible , I have some add-ons installed as per the SDK and if required I could reinstalling them in a new P3D just by executing a batch file.

Jorge

Can't wait to see what improvements we'll see. Really hoping for 64-bit.

I'm a newbie and have been loving P3D since I got it Dec 11.  Is 64-bit definitely in their plans?

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hard to say really... LM does not share with us about future plans. Maybe Rob know sth, but he cannot say anything, because of NDA I suppose. 

Me: It would be a really nice added bonus if 64bit did happen.

Reality: Just dont think it's gonna happen, realistically.

:good:

Adam