Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

P3d 3.1 before year end

I've been pushing LM to upgrade their CUDA libraries (which is what Triton uses) ... 

I think the main wish is to sort out that problem that leaves nVidia Maxwell users with a 'capped' power state when using Ultra water - and the consequence knock on effect on GPU speed, and ultimately framerates as a result.

Hi Manny,

It's not dead, it actually active to atleast 16,000 feet ... easier to see on a 4K monitor.  But the higher you go, the harder it is to see the wave animation.  I believe Beau posted some tweaks you can do to Triton engine that will spread out the wave animation so it's more noticeable at higher altitudes, but the problem with that approach is that you get less wave action down low.

Cheers, Rob.

I am sorry to disagree here. And I tried Beau's modifications (under 2.5, but I doubt there's a difference), they did help nothing at all.

I agree water looks pretty on your video, but you may also notice it's not only me an Christopher, but a number of users complaining about static water on the LM forum. Mine looks pretty and moving at least with heavy wind to 1000 ft, but frozen above, and I tried nearly any suggestions I could find. This is roughly the same with the default textures as well as REX4.

If the only way to get moving water comparable to FSX using a 4k monitor than be it and I will start saving for it (I am on a 3440x1440 now).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

REX Essential Plus SP3 is supposed to have sorted out the water animation, but I saw nothing but a static painting above a few hundred feet in P3D v2.4, and I see exactly the same in P3D v3. I do not have any other weather or water animation packages installed. Please note that I am not talking about wave motion at low level here. I am talking about "white caps" and the illusion of movement at higher altitudes.

I have exactly the same issue.  My ocean textures no longer provide the illusion of tidal movement or white caps. 

Water animation is not fine Rob. For 99% of the time we fly above 5000 feet... Yeah.. if there is sun reflections its not bad... look at the other end (above 5K feet)..where there is no sun reflections.. its TOTALLY DEAD. Its as bad as FS9 water.

Strangely, it's the sun reflection part of the water that is the worst for me. The textures look as static as those "wave lines" you get in sand when the tide has gone out. At least I can imagine that the water might be moving in the unlit areas :rolleyes:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Not happening, like I said before, you should probably move on from that expectation. 

Thanks, I'll do so. DX 12 is bad.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Anyone who knows if this 3.1 update will be free if you already bought version 3.0?

I'm still using 2.5 and have been waiting for addons and installers to catch up and I think we're now at a point where most of the important (at least to me) addons are fully ver 3 compatible so my plan is to do the 2.5->3.x upgrade during the Christmas holiday season but I don't want to spend $200 on version 3.0 and then another $200 a week later to get version 3.1...

But I guess as long as the main version number (3) doesn't change the updates will be free?

Richard Åsberg

The incremental updates are usually free. It's the full version updates that they charge for.

NAX669.png

How come nobody has asked about Version 4 yet?  :Tounge:

Yup, I'm waiting.... 128bit? Smell 'o Rama?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The incremental updates are usually free. It's the full version updates that they charge for.

Yep, sounds good.

Richard Åsberg

Put it this way.......if LM charged full price again for version 3.1, they would need all of that firepower that they build to protect themselves from the retaliation.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't want to spend 188.47€ on version 3.0 and then another 188.47€ a week later to get version 3.1....

Why pay €188.47!!! There are cheaper versions.  :wink: 

Jack 

the Swede in Spain

Why pay €188.47!!! There are cheaper versions. :wink:

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I don't like water stamps :wink:

Richard Åsberg

You may be interested to know that in the options there is a tick box that you can tick (or untick, I forget which) which is called hide info text. That hides all info text, including the watermark. Could save you some money!

Stuart Furley

I don't like water stamps :wink:

Piece of black duct tape over the watermark is cheaper. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Flight control:

Tweaking and driver support is number one for me. I don't need SPAD in FSX. Excellent to see the post that LM is working on this.

Water textures:

You can get used to them, but side by side, FSX still wins. In FSX, I look down and see water. In P3D, I see beautiful, crisp photos of water.

For a major revision, I think LM did an incredible job on v3. It is lightning quick with menu response and frames are so fluid. I considered 1.x and 2.x to be a bit flakey. Paid for Pro, but didn't get more than a few hours of use out of them. Should have requested a refund, but life was happening. Version three is a keeper and I won't be going back to FSX, which served well for many years.

As an aside, I will not yet install a single addon airport or scenery/mesh. LM did an amazing job delivering excellent 'stock' airports and textures. My quest is to explore and enjoy this new fluid world before slowing down time (frames) for as long as possible. Is it possible that we don't need to model and render every airport antenna and inside gate seat? I would happily trade that for 'Lite' airport models that capture the feeling of being there without going overboard. ...just an opinion

Overall - enjoying v3 immensely and hoping for a few key aircraft installers.

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck