Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

P3d 3.1 before year end

Flight control:

Tweaking and driver support is number one for me. I don't need SPAD in FSX. Excellent to see the post that LM is working on this.

Water textures:

You can get used to them, but side by side, FSX still wins. In FSX, I look down and see water. In P3D, I see beautiful, crisp photos of water.

For a major revision, I think LM did an incredible job on v3. It is lightning quick with menu response and frames are so fluid. I considered 1.x and 2.x to be a bit flakey. Paid for Pro, but didn't get more than a few hours of use out of them. Should have requested a refund, but life was happening. Version three is a keeper and I won't be going back to FSX, which served well for many years.

As an aside, I will not yet install a single addon airport or scenery/mesh. LM did an amazing job delivering excellent 'stock' airports and textures. My quest is to explore and enjoy this new fluid world before slowing down time (frames) for as long as possible. Is it possible that we don't need to model and render every airport antenna and inside gate seat? I would happily trade that for 'Lite' airport models that capture the feeling of being there without going overboard. ...just an opinion

Overall - enjoying v3 immensely and hoping for a few key aircraft installers.

I am with you . I can remember buying photo real scenery for FS9 and FSX and then flying into those airports, seeing the FPS tank, stutters start, main landing gears sinking into holes in the runway, etc. etc, and then avoiding those airports at all costs. . The P3D default scenery works, looks pretty good and since for the most part I am flying at altitudes where airport scenery isn't even an issue, I haven't bought one airport. Only thing I did get is UTX USA and Europe which adds a bit and no impact at all on FPS or smoothness. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You may be interested to know that in the options there is a tick box that you can tick (or untick, I forget which) which is called hide info text. That hides all info text, including the watermark. Could save you some money!

Can't locate the link but IIRC doing that causes some issues, either with add-ons or internal operation.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You may be interested to know that in the options there is a tick box that you can tick (or untick, I forget which) which is called hide info text. That hides all info text, including the watermark. Could save you some money!

There is the option to remove the info text but this certainly does not remove the watermark. Don't know where you did get this from...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi Carlo

Well it works on my version! (And I have Academic version of P3D v3). I just unticked this box at the top:

Info%20Text_zpsrxwr7y2b.png

And as you can see below, I have no watermark:

No%20Watermark_zpsu4c7rvmf.png

If I tick that box:

Info%20Text%20On_zps3v1nsccd.png

Then I get the watermark:

Watermark_zpsngkyogz6.png

Hope that helps.

Vic, I didn't know that. So far I haven't noticed any problems but I will look out for it, thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Well it works on my version! (And I have Academic version of P3D v3).

Cheers

Stu.

Wow, that's interesting. Will check later on my system. If it really works then I guess I have to say sorry for the negative comment!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I'm not in front of my system at the moment, but I didn't think that the academic version had "weapon systems." You seem to have that option in your picture. Isn't that just limited to the pro version?

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary quote and pics!

It definately says Prepar3d Academic when I start it and you can see in the picture above it says it in the watermark so I'm pretty sure I haven't got the pro version... they certainly only charged me for the academic one! :smile:

Stuart Furley

Awesome.  Finally

I was hoping for flushing toilets and original smells

128-bits and whole nine yards such as 3d stewardesses 

And hope they go back to full meal service on all flights

And working toilets, not these pictures of toilets.

When I used to fly in real life in South Florida from KFLL to key West, I could see Manta Ray fish swimming in the ocean from 1500 feet. as well as an  occasional school of sharks. I can't be really  happy flying in P3D, without at least that....  :Party:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, unticking   Show Notification Text  does remove the watermark in P3Dv3 academic.  But why anyone  would be bothered about the watermark is beyond me.  It is so insignificant I can honestly say I never ever notice whether it's there...or not.

/Russell.

Yes when you un-tick the box the watermark is removed. 

Well this is it Russell,  i don't think any one cares really,  just something we didn't know  :smile:

Well Elaine, if you look on page 6, you'll see one who says he pays $200 instead of $60...just to get rid of the watermark.  But maybe he was joking.

/Russell.

I pay the $200 instead of the $60, independent of any watermork. I feel my usage is compliant with the Pro version. As far as I understand, I am allowed to determine this  :smile:

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I was the guy saying I'm paying $200 to get rid of the water mark. Now that you apparently can get rid of it anyway that good but I'll still get the Pro version since I'm not a student.

Quite a bit of extra money but considering how much I enjoy simulating flight and how much I've learned from it I don't consider it an overprice.

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg