Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Cannot get new monitors to use Display Port

Hi,

I just got two of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824238018

I was using two LG 23" monitors until one died. Before, 1 was using DVI and the other was using HDMI. My card, MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G has 3 display port, 1 DVI and one HDMI.

Neither of my monitors will recognize the display port signal, but they will recognize HDMI. When plugged in, neither are recognized by Windows using display port. When they are plugged in using HDMI, they are recognized at their native resolution.

Can anyone please help me figure this out?

Thanks

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi,

I just got two of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824238018

I was using two LG 23" monitors until one died. Before, 1 was using DVI and the other was using HDMI. My card, MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G has 3 display port, 1 DVI and one HDMI.

Neither of my monitors will recognize the display port signal, but they will recognize HDMI. When plugged in, neither are recognized by Windows using display port. When they are plugged in using HDMI, they are recognized at their native resolution.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

There is no display port according to the link you posted ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Thanks for the response. I totally posted the wrong link - that's the one I replaced. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is the correct link (I still can't believe I got these for $199 ea). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009849

Right now I have settled with DVI-DL for my main monitor and HDMI for the other and everything is working well. I would, however, like them both on DP.

Thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Are you using cables that convert between DVI and Displayport, or HDMI and Displayport?  I recently purchased a new LG ultra widescreen monitor and it won't use converter cables at all.

Ian R Tyldesley

Are you using cables that convert between DVI and Displayport, or HDMI and Displayport?  I recently purchased a new LG ultra widescreen monitor and it won't use converter cables at all.

No, I am using DP to DP.

Monitor has DP, DVI-DL and HDMI. Card has DP(3), HDMI(1) and DVI(1)

OK silly question time, has the monitor got an input selection?  Again, sorry to keep banging on about my new monitor, but i had (somehow) selected HDMI on my monitor, switched over to DP and everything was OK.

Ian R Tyldesley

They do have input selection, but when there is no signal, they automatically cycle through all of the options searching for an input. They are not identifying the DP signal, but DVI & HDMI are recognized.

Try another DP cable make sure DP is enabled on your monitor ( and DP 1.2 if you want 60hz).

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."