Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Accurate Air India panel config?

New routes for Air India for the 77L to SFO and EWR. I am looking for an accurate Air India 77L or 77X panel config. Hard to find pictures online so I was only able to adjust the panel config that comes with the PMDG AI repaint, only change I found is there is no angle of attack dial. And at least for the 77W, only a seatbelts sign not a no smoking sign. Is anyone familiar with the AI airplanes and can post a realistic config? Thank you - David Lee

Limitations:

AI 777-300ER

Weights

Kilograms

Maximum Taxi Weight

Maximum Takeoff Weight

Maximum Landing Weight

Maximum Zero Fuel Weight

Note: The highest MTOW Boeing offers on the -300ER is 351,534kg, AI did not need and thus pay more for the highest MTOW Boeing offers. Many other -300ER/200LR operators have done the same, with some operating different weight within the fleet. This being one of countless customer options on the B777 family (The lower/higher MTOW -300ERs/-200LRs are physically identical. 

AI 777-200LR

Weights

Kilograms

Maximum Taxi Weight

Maximum Takeoff Weight

Maximum Landing Weight

Maximum Zero Fuel Weight

-------------------

FMC Defaults:

Default acceleration height: 1000'

Default thrust reduction height: Flaps 1 (Note: when conduction Flaps 15/20 takeoff, thrust reduction height must be manually changed to Flaps 5).

Default Engine Out acceleration height: 1000'

EDDF/LFPH/RJAA use NADP1

Acceleration height: 1500'
Thrust Reduction height: 3000'

VABB

Acceleration height: 1000'
Thrust Reduction height: 3000'

EGLL

Acceleration height: 1000'
Thrust Reduction height: 4000'

PERF INIT defaults:

CRZ CG%: 30%

Cost Index: Varies by flight, but due to the very high cost (due taxes) of jet fuel in India, they operate at a CI range of 40-60).

----------------------------

Boeing customer options:

I can confirm:

RAAS: NOT FITTED

ND: TRK up.

TCAS Range rings on the ND: enabled 

ADF: fitted

Units: KGS/Metric

NPS (navigation performance scales): enabled

Smoking & seat-belt selectors: BOTH

Weather Radar: Honeywell RDR-4000 < ---- not modeled in our PMDG -200LR/-300ER.

(PMDG modeled the cheaper and thus more popular Rockwell Collins WXR-2100 on the PMDG 777-200LR/-300ER).

1 AUX tank:

Note: they may have removed them after delivery like Emirates did, however this is unlikely). Either way, no route AI has ever operated or operates today (see below), makes use of the 1 AUX tank in the aft hold.
They never operated a route that required it and neither does the newly launched DEL-SFO-DEL (started Dec. 2nd).

------

Regarding DEL-JFK/BOM flights

They take a slight (mandatory) detour by heading North West out of DEL. Thus due to the high terrain of the Himalayas to the North, which would be a more efficient route, however the aircraft would still be too heavy in a engine out/decompression scenario at that stage of the flight and thus they must fly around.

Note: AI does not yet have approval from the Indian DGCA (Indian aviation authority) to operate in the Polar region. Hence they are taking a slightly longer route to SFO on the westbound sector, by staying at a lower longitude and overflying northern Greenland versus the shorter and more efficient polar route which Emirates/Eithad take out of DXB/AUH on their respective SFO/LAX/SEA flights.

In time, AI should be able to operate this routing as well, if indeed they are going through the regulatory approval process. This is related to suitability of alternates, providing accommodations in case of remote diversions and gaining the 15% time extension to ETOPS 180, allowing ETOPS 207 to be used for dispatch on days where lack of suitable alternates would make ETOPS 180 a no-go for on the more efficient polar routing. 

All visible here, on flightradar24: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ai173/

Their -200LRs have 238 seats (low density and poorly configured for AI's needs).

They will rarely be operating anywhere near MZFW on the -200LR as they have purchased the small aft cargo door (less popular option) which prevent cargo pallets from being carried in the aft hold. (PMDG modeled the more popular large aft cargo door option).

For reference: EK seat 266, AC 301 in their -200LRs.

I have a contact who potentially has access to their FCOM's so Ill look into sourcing the other options. What I do know is that they ordered their B777 fleet relatively "standard".

Ill update the thread when I find out more.

Funny I was watching Mega Airport Dubai on Nat Geo, and the lights on O/H panel on the Emirates 773 were orange as opposed to yellow.....

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Funny I was watching Mega Airport Dubai on Nat Geo, and the lights on O/H panel on the Emirates 773 were orange as opposed to yellow.....

Not sure how this is relevant to this thread but that is only a illusion due to the canera. There is no Boeing customer option for overhead lights.

Not sure how this is relevant to this thread but that is only a illusion due to the canera. There is no Boeing customer option for overhead lights.

Interesting, well were on the topic of panel configs, so I thought i'd chip in with the lighting difference. Any chance of the PIA config for the 772???  

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.