Sign in to follow this  
julian2

ATC Window Fix with FS2Crew in P3D v3?

Hello,

I was looking al the forum and also other forums but didn't found anything. Is there any fix for the ATC Window problem in P3D v3? I used the official fix from LM and it worked fine until I installed FS2Crew. Now again I cannot open the ATC window in the PMDG 777.

Thanks for your help,

Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

I was looking al the forum and also other forums but didn't found anything. Is there any fix for the ATC Window problem in P3D v3? I used the official fix from LM and it worked fine until I installed FS2Crew. Now again I cannot open the ATC window in the PMDG 777.

FS2Crew alters some cfg files so it might have overwritten your change. Try applying it again via the LM fix.

Kyle Rodgers

Thats what I first did. But the workaround offered by LM (http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113735&start=30) was not changed in my system after the installation fo fs2crew. But I still cannot open the ATC window.

I'd point you to FS2Crew to see what Bryan says, but a search of their subforum directs the user to that same thread, so I'm not sure what to offer up. I know it's little consolation, but the default ATC function should really be taken out to pasture. If you're into the realism that PMDG and FS2Crew can bring, I'd suggest something like IVAO or VATSIM. You rarely get full flight coverage, but it's certainly a lot less gamey.

Kyle Rodgers

Probably you're right with IVAO  and VATSIM, but over the years I arranged myself with the very basic default ATC. ;-) So I'd like to use it again. But maybe now it's time to start trying online flying ;-)

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Probably you're right with IVAO  and VATSIM, but over the years I arranged myself with the very basic default ATC. ;-) So I'd like to use it again. But maybe now it's time to start trying online flying ;-)

With tools like vPilot, it's super simple to get online, which is kinda nice. Back with early Squawkbox versions, you almost needed a degree in computer science to get it running. Unless FS2Crew or LM have a temp solution for you, it might require waiting for LM to address the breaking of the feature in v3. Might be a good time to get involved online for sure.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

The lack of atc coverage keeps me offline.....  Also per company SOP I have to do my flights in real time. At the moment I'm doing only long hauls, meaning 5+ hrs. If there is atc coverage for my whole route I have to be here 5+ hrs and then I probably have a domestic fight here at home or worse......

There are other alternatives for the default P3D atc like Radar Contact or Pro Atc/X. Both work with P3D v3. This will allow you to let your virtual co pilot handle all radio contact and you can do other important family business.....

Peter Aertssen

Amsterdam