Sign in to follow this  
emann072

ASN SP3 on client PC - Error Cannot load Simconnect upon Win10 Upgrade

Hi,

I was running Active Sky Next SP3 on network confirguration with Win7 on a laptop and FSX with Acceleration on a server PC. Everything works normally.

This week I have upgraded to Win 10. I have reinstalled Active Sky Next and then SP3 and placed the original simconnect.cfg file in the documents folder. I have configured all the files and I can see all the files from ASN related to location of FSX on the server. Upon loading ASN I am getting an error as follows:

Cannot load SimConnect

Unable to load any managed SimConnect interface. Simulator Connectivity is not possible. Please check your simulator/SimConnect Installation

Below is my simconnect.cfg file:

[simConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=192.168.0.112 
Port=6600 
MaxReceiveSize=8192
DisableNagle=1

Any assistance appreciated.

Make sure your simconnect.xml on FSX/P3D side has the same configuration:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
   <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
   <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
   <SimConnect.Comm>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
      <Scope>global</Scope>
      <Address>192.168.0.112</Address>
      <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
      <Port>6600</Port>
      <MaxRecvSize>8192</MaxRecvSize>
      <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
   </SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Connection should be automatic. Also, make sure you have network access between the PCs, easily checked with a PING command.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi,

thanks for the reply...But I did not touch anything in the xml file on the server where fsx is running...the change was an upgrade to win 10 on the laptop and reinstalling ASN...I kept a copy of the simconnect.cfg and placed in the documents folder, remounted the drives of the server, identified the folders in ASN and tried connecting...

as soon as I open ASN i get the error.

Are you using ASN on win10 in networked configuration by chance just to ensure that such a setup is possible.

thanks,

emann

Nope, both run Windows 8.1.

Might be the firewall settings (i don't use the firewall). It should be possible on windows 10 nevertheless.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11